Happy almost Easter friends! Guess what? I’m coming at you with another carrot cake inspired recipe this week! With holidays like Easter, Mother’s Day and other brunch worthy occasions coming up in the spring, you will want to add these Air Fryer Carrot Cake Bagels to your next gathering.
So I’m going to go out on a limb and declare these the BEST Carrot Cake Bagels! Soft on the inside, crusty on the outside, these taste like a cross between sweet carrot cake and a cinnamon raisin bagel. It took a bit of experimentation with the dry to wet ingredient ratio but was so well worth it. In the process, my hubby and I might have eaten at least a dozen or so bagels to get the texture just right.
With just 7 ingredients, most of which you may already have in your pantry; all purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, greek yogurt, vanilla, carrots and raisins, these could not be any easier to make. The instructions are easy and very similar to this one which also includes an option to bake them in the oven. They’re just adorable too. I just love how you can see the carrot immediately.
And then the cream cheese, please do not forget this part! It really is the icing to these “cake like” bagels. The sweet cream cheese spread is incredibly easy too, just a mixture of cream cheese, confectioners sugar, cinnamon and a touch of vanilla extract. Is your mouth watering yet? These bagels would be so perfect for breakfast or brunch on Easter or anytime! Enjoy the recipe!
Easy Air Fryer Carrot Cake Bagels topped with a cream cheese spread! Perfect for Easter or carrot cake lovers!
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour(I used Jessica's All Purpose gluten free flour)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4-5 packets sweetener(I used stevia)
- 3 TBS raisins
- 8 oz Fage nonfat greek yogurt
- ¼ cup grated carrots
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp. water
- Cream Cheese Spread:
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup Swerve Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Raisins,carrot shreds(optional)
- Preheat the air fryer to 330 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the flour,baking powder, salt, and sweetener.
- In a medium bowl stir together the Greek yogurt, vanilla and carrots.
- Fold the flour mixture into the yogurt mixture until all the ingredients are combined.
- Transfer the dough on to a lightly floured surface and knead the dough several times, folding the sides in several times, until it is no longer sticky
- Cut the dough into four pieces and roll each piece into an 8-inch-long rope
- Bring the two ends of each dough rope together to make a circle and pinch them together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg white and water.
- Brush each bagel with the egg white-water mixture.
- Add bagels two at at time to the air fryer and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove and repeat process for remaining bagels.
- Allow to cool on a baking rack or enjoy while warm.
- While bagels are cooling, prepare the cream cheese spread.
- Add all of the ingredients for the spread to a medium sized bowl.
- Stir until well combined and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Baking Instructions:
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Place all four bagels on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Store the cooled bagels in an airtight container or bag for up to 7 days. Or, freeze the bagels in a single layer for up to 3 months.