Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Blondies made with all clean, whole food ingredients. This grain free recipe is easy to assemble and requires only a few basic ingredients you probably already have on-hand!
First of all, have you ever made a blondie? They’re like the sister to the brownie in the sense that they’re the chocolate-free version. Aside from the Peanut Butter Banana Blondies I posted many moons ago, these are my second go at the dessert. These blondies taste like a chocolate chip cookie in bar form. Soft and chewy, yet with a crispy top. And loaded with chocolate chips that just melt in your mouth!
So let’s get started with the recipe!
The best part about these blondies is that they don’t require a lot of ingredients – almond flour, eggs, coconut oil, and maple syrup are the main hitters. Recently, I’ve been experimenting with almond flour more. I just love the consistency it gives to baked goods. The blanched almond flour in particular works especially well in recipes that are designed to produce lighter, cake-like or cookie-like results. I used maple syrup to give the bars a deep and rich flavor. But if you prefer, you can substitute honey instead for a lighter result. Feel free to switch up the mix-ins to whatever you like. Chopped almonds or walnuts and white or milk chocolate chips would all be delicious too.
This recipe comes together in just under 10 minutes. You can use a stand mixer or do as I did and stir everything together in a mixing bowl. I used a 9 x 5 loaf pan for baking these but you can just as easily double the recipe and use an 8 x 8 square pan.
The hardest part is trying not to eat them all at once! Trust me on this one, you need these in your life. Enjoy the recipe!
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Blondies. Almond flour makes baked goods so delicious, and these are no exception. These blondies are one of my new go-to dessert recipes!
- 1¾ cup almond flour( I used Barney's Butter Blanched Almond Flour)
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips(I used Know Better Foods chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9X5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (almond flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda).
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, and then stir in the rest of the wet ingredients (coconut oil, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar) until smooth and completely combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to completely combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and gently smooth into an even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes on wire rack.
- Slice and serve.
Are you following along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram? If those aren’t your thing you can subscribe to my newsletter to have new posts delivered straight to your email.