It’s a bit of a chicken week here at my house, but that’s nothing new. Chicken breast is my go-to-dinner option when I have nothing else up my sleeve. Get your taste buds ready for this four-ingredient recipe for Bacon Wrapped Avocado Stuffed Chicken – one of my new favorites!
Have you ever taken a bite of something that is just so good, and somebody tries to talk to you and you are so deep into that bite, that you can’t talk? Well, this is that kind of dish. And not only is it a flavor bomb, it is super easy to make and all in one pan!
Bacon Wrapped Avocado Stuffed Chicken
Not a lot of frills and nothing fancy. You’ll only need 4 ingredients; chicken, bacon, avocado and mozzarella. Well actually five, if you count the ghee that I used to sear the chicken. Searing this delectably meaty dish on the stove, then finishing it in the oven gives it perfectly crisp bacon and deliciously juicy chicken! I used turkey bacon since it’s what I had on hand; however, feel free to use your favorite type of bacon.
How about that crispy bacon though! Have you ever heard the phrase, “bacon makes everything taste better?” No exception in this dish either!
Wrapped in crispy bacon and stuffed with creamy avocado and mozzarella this is all sorts of delicious!
Baking it allows the avocado and mozzarella flavors to just melt together! Another beautiful aspect of this dish is that it’s SO easy to make. This meal comes together in about 30 minutes making it perfect for a busy weeknight. Pair it with a side of veggies and a salad and you’ve got dinner. Enjoy!
- 4 - 4 ounce boneless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese rounds
- 1 medium avocado, mashed
- 8 slices bacon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 TBS ghee or olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add the avocado and mash lightly with fork.
- Make a small slit in all four chicken breasts.
- Stuff each breast with one mozzarella round and two tablespoons of avocado.
- Lay chicken on top of bacon slices and wrap them around, overlapping as needed.
- Secure the chicken breast with one piece of bacon per side.
- Repeat with other chicken breasts.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the ghee.
- Once hot, add chicken breasts to the skillet.
- Sear the chicken on each side for 3 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Remove from the heat and repeat with any remaining pieces (make sure to add another tablespoon of ghee or oil if you are cooking more chicken).
- Finish baking in the oven in the same skillet or move to a foil covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Remove from the oven and serve.