Happy Wednesday friends! I’ve gotten several requests lately for some easy lunch ideas. I decided this week, I would share with you one of my favorite spaghetti squash recipes.
How often does lunch roll around and it may seem way too convenient to just head to your nearest fast food or pizza restaurant to pick up something quick? Say goodbye to take out and hours of cooking in the kitchen! How does 5 ingredients or less sound to you? This protein packed recipe will get you in and out of the kitchen in less than 20 minutes. By microwaving a spaghetti squash, you can save some major cooking time! I have a couple of goals in mind when making lunch. First, they have to be thrown together quickly. Second, I aim for lunches that are packed with nutrition that will fuel my day and keep my energy level high. Don’t be nervous about preparing a spaghetti squash. This tutorial will show you just how simple an easy it is to prepare a squash. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 small spaghetti squash prepared and split in half
- 2 Salmon burgers( I used Trident Seafoods Salmon Burgers)
- 20 oz. package fresh spinach
- ¼c low fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup prepared BBQ sauce of choice
- Place squash cut-sides down in a microwave-safe baking dish.
- Fill your baking dish with about an inch of water.
- Microwave on high for about 12-15 minutes, or until you can easily pierce the squash with a fork.
- Let cool for about 10-15 minutes, or until squash is cool enough to handle.
- Pan fry the salmon burgers for about 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Allow burgers to cool, crumble and set aside.
- Sauté your fresh spinach in a large saucepan until wilted.
- Add ¼c cream cheese and stir until the cream cheese is melted and incorporated throughout the spinach.
- With a fork, scrape out the spaghetti like strands but keep in the shell of your squash.
- Top your spaghetti squash halves with a layer of the creamed spinach and crumbled salmon.
- Top with your favorite BBQ sauce.