Caramel Hot Cocoa Brownies! Moist and fudgy, packed full of hot cocoa and topped with mini marshmallows. Make this easy hot cocoa brownies recipe and enjoy them with a mug of hot chocolate! A perfect winter time treat!
The inspiration for the brownies came about when I had an opportunity to experiment with some of the products from Castle Kitchen. I opted to use the hot chocolate mix in a recipe versus going the traditional hot cocoa route. So I came up with these Caramel Hot Cocoa Brownies, and yes, they’re as good as they sound. The sweet scent and caramel flavor from the mix shines through and gives these brownies an extra oomph over regular chocolate ones.
Fudgy and decadent, these Caramel Hot Cocoa Brownies will easily become a new winter time favorite!
These one-bowl brownies couldn’t be easier to make, and adding hot chocolate mix is the perfect way to make them extra special. You just need a few key pantry ingredients to make these brownies, including gluten free flour(I like this one) and the Classic Caramel Dark Chocolates Mix from Castle Kitchen. They’re two staples in my pantry, and I highly recommend you add them to your shelves as well!
For all of you chocolate lovers out there, these brownies are not for the faint of heart. The decadent chocolate flavor comes from using the mix and dark chocolate chips. Yup, that’s it! So rich and chocolatey, you will think you are eating straight up fudge!
These Caramel Hot Cocoa Brownies are the perfect compliment to winter, especially when they come out of the oven after you let the mini marshmallows melt a little. Paired with a mug of Caramel Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa and you have an indulgence to warm you up on a cold day. Enjoy the recipe!
- 1¾ cup Castle Kitchen Classic Caramel Dark Chocolate Hot Chocolate Mix
- ¾ cup all purpose gluten free flour( I used Jessica's Natural Foods)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together hot chocolate mix, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the wet ingredients(yogurt, vanilla extract and eggs) to the dry, stirring until combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with mini marshmallows.
For more brownie inspired recipes, try one of these: