Just in time for fall, these soft and buttery Carrot Cake Thumbprint Cookies are the perfect treat for a crisp day, a party, with a hot cup of tea or any occasion!
If you love carrot cake desserts as much as I do, you’re going to go nuts for this recipe. With a walnut butter base, these cookies are thick, buttery and melt in your mouth soft. The jammy pool of carrot cake spread joins the party to send these Carrot Cake Thumbprint Cookies over the top! It’s a great way to get the carrot cake fix without all the fuss. And they are SO good!
With only five simple ingredients, you’ll be whipping up these Carrot Cake Thumbprints in no time at all!
This go around, I decided to stray from my classic thumbprint recipe and experiment with the walnut butter from Wellnut Farms. Why walnut butter? Why not! Besides all of the amazing health benefits that walnuts have to offer, it is a highly underrated ingredient in recipes. With three delicious flavors of walnut butters to choose from, Original was the perfect choice, since I did not want to overwhelm or take away from the carrot cake theme.
If only carrot cake were always in season. I’d be so happy posting carrot cake-themed recipes all year round!
Apparently Trader Joe’s felt the same way too! They released a first of it’s kind Carrot Cake Jam Spread back in August. This recipe gave me the perfect excuse to try out this spread again. I found it a bit overwhelming sweet to enjoy on it’s own. However; it’s the perfect filling for these cookies. No Trader Joe’s near you, no worries! Feel free to substitute with an apricot or raspberry jam instead. I promise they will be just as yummy! Enjoy the recipe!
- 1¾ cup Wellnut Farms Original Walnut Butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBS coconut flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1⅓ cup granulated sugar substitute(I used Sugar 2.0)
- ¼ cup Trader Joe's Carrot Cake Spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the cookie ingredients except for the carrot cake jam in a medium sized bowl.
- Stir well until fully combined.
- Roll into twenty 1-inch balls and place on a parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Press a well into the center of each cookie with your thumb.
- Place about ½ tsp of jam in each center.
- Bake for 11 minutes.(Be careful not to over bake or they will dry out)
- The cookies are very soft when they come out of the oven.
- Let them cool down completely and they will firm up.
For more carrot cake inspired recipes, try these:
Have you tried the carrot cake spread from Trader Joe’s? Are you a carrot cake fan? Please share – I would love to hear from you!
Moore Ways to Wellness is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that we may earn advertising fees on.