Celebrate National Pumpkin Day with this Cauliflower Risotto Stuffed Pumpkin recipe. The actual day is tomorrow but it never hurts to start the celebration a little early!
What happens when you stuff a pumpkin with risotto? You have an edible bowl that’s not just good for you, it tastes great too!
A pie pumpkin was used here, they have a more subtle taste than sugar pumpkins and are not as sweet. For me, squash and pumpkin provide the perfect receptacle for stuffing plus you have an edible bowl that’s not just good for you, it tastes great too!
This is not considered to be a traditional risotto since I’m using riced cauliflower instead of the customary arborio rice. Cauliflower rice is a great substitute for regular rice if you are following a grain-free or lower carbohydrate diet.
This Cauliflower Risotto Stuffed Pumpkin is the ultimate cozy fall recipe. It’s hearty and flavorful, and is bursting with all of the flavors of autumn!
A few weeks ago, I came across a new find in the freezer section at my grocery store. Green Giant has a new Riced Veggies Cauliflower Medley with asparagus and mushrooms! This comes without sauce or seasoning so you can prepare them just the way you like. I love the ease of using already prepared cauliflower rice; plus there is no mess from a blender or food processor in order to get that perfect fluffy cauliflower rice. As if that’s not enough, it only takes 6 minutes to prepare this bag in the microwave! Talk about time saver! In less than 30 minutes, you have a delicious and nutritious meal or side dish. I hope you give it a try! Enjoy!
- 1 small pie pumpkin, halved and seeded
- 1 bag Green Giant Riced Veggies Medley
- 2 Laughing Cow wedges-(swiss or asiago)
- 1-2 TBS unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Cut pumpkin in half and pull out of the seeds.
- Place open side down on a cookie sheet or baking dish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until you press on the outside skin and it gives a bit.
- In the meantime, microwave your riced cauliflower and veggie blend according to the package.
- Remove from the microwave and place entire contents into a medium sized bowl.
- Add both laughing cow cheese wedges and milk to the hot riced cauliflower mixture and stir until nice and creamy.
- Cover and set aside until ready to use.
- Once the squash is done baking, turn the squash over and stuff each half with the rice mixture.
- Place stuffed squash back into the oven and bake uncovered for around 8 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
For more cauliflower rice inspired dishes, try these recipes: