Healthy and delicious, these Chicken Parmigiana Meatballs are grain free and gluten free! Serve over zucchini noodles(or zoodles) along with a side salad for a quick & easy dinner!
This is an easy to prepare meal that’s tasty, warm and cozy!
Just four ingredients, ground chicken, parmesan cheese, Italian Nut Crumbs and a little olive oil. Just mix the ingredients together and shape them into balls and bake. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
You might wonder about making meatballs without traditional breadcrumbs, but there’s a secret ingredient in these that help bind them together – Nut Crumbs. Nut Crumbs are a first of it’s kind bread crumb alternative made with just nuts and seasonings. It’s an awesome substitute for those following a gluten free lifestyle and a perfect way to add some extra flavor to your recipes.
Serve these Chicken Parmesan Meatballs over zucchini noodles(or zoodles) along with a salad for a delicious dinner!
While the meatballs are baking, it’s time to prepare you zucchini noodles or zoodles! Zoodles are simply noodles made from zucchini, and if you haven’t made them before, I highly recommend them! Even those who don’t like zucchini typically love zoodles, as they really take on the flavor of whatever sauce or dish you serve them with. Once the meatballs are baked, you can transfer them to the same skillet and finish off cooking with a touch of marinara sauce.
Instead of parmesan cheese, top this delicious dish with more of the Italian Nut Crumbs for the perfect explosion of flavors. Seriously, trust me on this! You will love it! Enjoy the recipe!
- Chicken Meatballs
- 16 oz organic ground chicken breast
- 3 TBS Nut Crumbs Italian
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 whole zucchini, about 6 cups
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 pinch sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Chicken Meatballs
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the chicken meatballs ingredients and fold to combine or mix using your hands. Then using a scooper or tablespoon, scoop some chicken meatballs into the palm of your hands and roll it. P
- Place each chicken meatball on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning the chicken meatballs once halfway through.
- Prepare you zoodles.
- In a large sauce pan heat the oil.
- Add zoodles and sauté tossing the turning until they start to soften (about 8-10 mins), then add the minced garlic, salt and pepper and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken meatballs and marinara sauce.
- Allow the chicken meatballs, zoodles and marinara to cook for 2-3 more minutes on low heat and covered.
- Plate zoodles with desired amount of meatballs.
- Add a sprinkle of Nut Crumbs and serve.
For more Chicken Parmesan inspired recipes, try these;