Happy Tuesday friends! Looking for a fast, fresh and healthy option for your New Year’s Day Brunch? Look no further! Try my Chicken Sausage Frittata.
New Year’s Day offers the perfect opportunity to start fresh and commit to healthy eating. And what a better way to kick off 2016 than with a nutritious brunch! Many people will not want to fuss too much in the kitchen, which is why a frittata is so perfect. This recipe can easily be prepared the day before and popped into the oven the next morning!
This frittata is packed with flavor and vegetables and when served with fresh fruit and a side of healthy breakfast sweet potatoes will keep you full for hours!
Chicken sausage is super handy and a great ingredient for quick weeknight meals. I usually keep a few varieties of chicken sausage on hand in the freezer. Some of my favorites are Feta and Spinach, Spicy Italian and Spiced Apple Chicken which is what I used in this recipe. Nearly all the chicken sausage I’ve seen is already cooked which is a huge timesaver in the kitchen!
Without further ado, here is the recipe! Enjoy!
- 1 bag of Tuscan Kale, cut and washed
- 1lb Nature's Promise Spiced Apple Chicken Sausage, chopped into chunks
- 8 eggs, whisked
- ⅓ cup jarred roasted red pepper strips, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add your kale to a large skillet and cook until slightly wilted.
- Add your chopped chicken sausage and roasted red pepper strips to the skillet.
- Stir until well combined.
- Pour the sausage mixture into a oven safe baking dish that has been greased with coconut oil or spray.
- Pour the eggs on top of the sausage mixture making sure everything is evenly distributed.
- Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes or until firm.
- Allow to cool or serve immediately.
Please let me know if you try it! Leave a comment below or tag me on Facebook or Instagram!
What are your New Year’s plans? Do you go out or stay home? Please share- I would love to hear from you?