Anyone else love muffins? How about the classic chocolate and cherry combo? Then you need to make these easy Double Chocolate Chip Cherry Muffins pronto!
Cherries are in season right now and I always like to enjoy fruits when they are at their best. I bought a huge bag of these gorgeous, sweet, and juicy cherries on sale from my local grocery store. But, since I couldn’t eat them all, I decided to do some baking with them.
Say hello to the newest member of my muffin arsenal – the ever-so-perfect Chocolate Chip Cherry Muffins! Deliciously moist chocolate muffins loaded with chocolate chips and chopped cherries. These muffins are easy to whip up and no mixer is required. Just 2 bowls, a whisk and a spatula, so clean up is a breeze.
This recipe also gave me the chance to try out a new to me sweetener called Sugar 2.0. This sweetener has 50% less sugar and 1/3 less calories than traditional sugar and contains the added benefits of non-GMO prebiotic soluble fiber. I loved using this in my baking because it measures cup for cup just like regular sugar. You cannot even taste the difference, which is amazing!
Healthier muffins with half the sugar, count me in! In fact, we enjoyed them so much that they were gone within two days! So, next time you’re at the grocery store, grab a bag of cherries and whip up a batch of these delicious muffins. You’re going to thank me when you take your first bite. Enjoy the recipe!
Get your day off to a delicious start with these Double Chocolate Chip Cherry Muffins loaded with sweet cherries and chocolate chips. A perfect on-the-go breakfast or snack!
- 1½ cups oat flour(rolled oats ground into a flour)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup Sugar 2.0
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup unsweetened cashew milk
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup pitted and chopped fresh cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tins or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, milk, applesauce and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and stir until well combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and cherries.
- Divide batter into twelve muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins are firm to the touch.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Looking for more cherry inspired recipes? Try one of these!