With Valentine’s Day just a week away, I’m sharing with you a quick and easy recipe for Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles. In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve been on a bit of an avocado kick lately. Avocado and chocolate go together seamlessly in a weirdly unexpected way. You can’t even taste the avocado, but it gives the truffle a creamy texture that makes for a much healthier dessert. With only 3 ingredients, these are really easy to make and are perfect for gifting, parties or just for yourself.
Creamy 3-ingredient dark chocolate truffles made healthier with a secret ingredient – avocado! You can’t taste it, but will reap all the health benefits.
Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles
Made with just three ingredients – chocolate, avocado and cocoa powder. They’re so incredibly easy to make! Start by melting the chocolate, then blending it with the avocado and cocoa powder. Transfer your batter to the fridge to harden for about an hour. Roll the batter into bite-sized balls and dust with dark cocoa powder. Messy, but fun work! Depending on how generous you are with the batter, this makes between 10-12 gorgeous truffles.
One little bite is an explosion of chocolatey goodness in your mouth. Now that’s my kinda truffle. Enjoy the recipe!
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted
- 5 oz FlavaNatural Classic Chocoalte Bar or good quality dark chocolate bar
- 2 FlavaMix packets or 2½ TBS unsweetened dark cocoa powder, divided
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Peel and pit the avocado and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate. I do this in the microwave at 50% power at 30 second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds until smooth and melted.
- Add avocado, melted chocolate, salt and one FlavaMix packet or 1.5 TBS cocoa powder to a food processor.
- Mix until the avocado is completely blended into the chocolate.
- Chill the truffle mixture in the fridge for an hour or until mixture has stiffened up.
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop out truffle mixture.
- Roll into balls with your hands.
- Fill a shallow bowl with one packet of FlavaMix or remaining cocoa powder.
- Roll each truffle until coated.
- Place on parchment paper.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Spoiler alert! If you still haven’t tried FlavaNaturals, you may want to keep an eye out for a fun post on my Instagram feed tomorrow!