Copy Cat Dark Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Perfect Bars! A healthy snack bar that tastes just like that popular bar you find at the store without the $3 price tag! Now you can make your own at home!
As a healthy foodie, I am always on the lookout for the next big health food trend or fad. Mid-2017 I started noticing an overflow of pictures on a new protein bar on my Instagram feed called Perfect Bar. The posts peaked my interest, so I went out to my local grocery store and purchased my first Perfect Bar– marking the start of my obsession.
If you’ve not tried a Perfect Bar before, they come in 12 different flavors and contain over 20 different “superfoods.” My favorite flavor is the Dark Chocoalate Chip Peanut Butter + Sea Salt. I keep at least 3-4 bars in the fridge at all times. At $24 a box for 8 bars, it’s pretty clear this obsession is hitting me hard in the wallet. In order to save money, I decided to use the ingredients in my pantry to make my own version of a Perfect Bar for less money. Being a peanut butter and chocolate enthusiast, I chose to recreate the Dark Chocoalate Chip Peanut Butter flavor. While these are not an exact replica, they still come pretty darn close.
These Copy Cat Dark Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Perfect Bars are the perfect marriage between creamy peanut butter and dark chocolate chips!
They’re made in just 1-bowl in about 10 minutes, using simple pantry ingredients you likely already have on hand. The base is a thick layer of peanut butter mixed with maple syrup (or honey), oat flour, almond flour, protein powder, milk, vanilla and sea salt. This thick, fudgy peanut butter mixture gets pressed into a loaf pan to help cut the perfect bar shapes.
One of the key ingredients, pretty much THE ingredient that makes these bad boys so dang irresistible is the… drum roll please…peanut butter. I made these with COnutButter Salted Honey Peanut which might just be my favorite flavor of theirs. Any drippy peanut butter will do but this is hands down my favorite to use in baking and recipes.
Simply said, these bars couldn’t be more PERFECT! If you are a fan of the sweet/salty combo, you can’t go wrong with this recipe. If you try it, please let me know what you think. Enjoy!
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ cup almond flour(do not substitute with meal)
- 3 TBS Quest Nutrition Peanut Butter Protein Powder(May substitute with powdered peanut flour)
- ½ cup ConutButter Salted Peanut Butter(or any drippy peanut butter)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cashew or almond milk
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of sea salt
- 2-3 TBS mini dark chocolate chips(I used KNOW Better Foods)
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients except for chocolate chips in a medium sized bowl.
- Stir until a dough forms.
- You may need to use your hands or a sturdy wooden spoon to get everything combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into a parchment lined pan.
- Press desired amount of mini chocolate chips into the top of the bars and freeze for about 60 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and cut into bars.
- Store in the refrigerator.