I’m stepping away from the pumpkin craze this week to share with you this Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Brownie Skillet. I hinted about this one a few weeks ago and realized I had yet to share it.
First, let’s talk about just how adorable this little skillet is! I picked up this 6 inch one at Target. Between the grocery area and the home store, I can spend countless hours wandering around adding items to my cart!
This Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Brownie Skillet is made with my favorite flour of the moment, almond flour. I have been using this brand that I purchase online at Vitacost. One of the main ingredients for the recipe is the Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt coconut butter from Binnie’s Butters! You can substitute with another brand, however I cannot guarantee how it will turn out.
The recipe is single serve, but can easily be doubled and baked in a 12 inch skillet; just increase your cooking time by 10 minutes or so. Have your spoon ready because you will want to dig in and enjoy this while it’s still warm. In case you’re wondering, it pairs amazingly well with your favorite ice cream. A few scoops on top and you have yourself a grain-free brownie ala mode. Enjoy!
Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Brownie Skillet
- 6 TBS almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 TBS Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt Binnie's Coconut Butter(warmed for about 10-15 seconds in the microwave
- ½ TBS honey or maple syrup(warmed)
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- NuNaturals Cocoa syrup, for drizzing
- Ice Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Generously grease a mini cast iron skillet with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the warmed coconut butter and honey together until combined.
- Stir in the vanilla and then the egg until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add the batter to the greased skillet.
- Bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of cocoa syrup or serve a la mode style with ice cream.
If you decide to try this recipe, make sure to tag me using #moorewaystowellness!