These delicious Double Dark Chocolate Avocado Cookies are the perfect bite-size cookie when you need a healthy chocolate treat! They have absolutely no flour, no butter, packed with avocado goodness and nothing can beat the extremely decadent chocolate taste.
Avocados are the perfect food. I love using them to make hummus, sandwiches, in salads and more recently in my baking. I first became a big fan of the combination when I tried my Triple Chocolate Avocado Brownies back in January.
Yes, I love using avocado in my baking and these cookies are no exception. Avocado adds such a creamy richness when used in baking and is the perfect for substitute for butter in most recipes. Avocados also provide some important nutrient benefits, including intake of more potassium, vitamin K, vitamin E, fiber and magnesium. In addition, avocados are neutral in taste, so no worries, you will never find out that your actually eating veggies when eating your cookies!
These Dark Chocolate Avocado Cookies are super creamy, fudgy, soft, and so easy to make. With six simple ingredients that you may already have in your pantry, these cookies mix up quickly in either a food processor or stand mixer.
What you’ll need to make these decadent cookies!
The creamy, dreamy base for these cookies! You’ll want a soft, ripe avocado that doesn’t yet have spots, but isn’t too hard to mash.
Dark Cocoa Powder
Coconut Sugar helps add some sweetness and also has an amazing brown sugar flavor. It also has a darker almost earthy flavor which makes it wonderful in baking recipes using chocolate.
Since the recipe does not call for flour, the baking soda helps to ensure the cookies rise and have a soft fluffy texture.
To help bind the cookies, I used an egg. This would also work well with a flax egg(See recipe note for details).
I love using Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips and Chunks in my baking. Not only are they free from allergens like soy, dairy, nuts and gluten, they taste pretty amazing too.
With just a handful of ingredients, these decadent cookies are the perfect easy dessert and are also a wonderful afternoon treat with tea or coffee. So whenever that chocolate craving hits, these healthy Double Dark Chocolate Avocado Cookies are the answer. Enjoy the recipe!
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and mashed
- ½ cup coconut sugar(can substitute with brown sugar)
- 1 egg (can sub flax egg = 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water, set aside for 10 minutes)
- ½ cup Hershey's special dark cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ⅓ cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add mashed avocado and coconut sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer or food processor and mix until combined.
- Add egg, cocoa powder and baking soda and combine until a smooth batter forms.
- Use a spatula to stir in the dark chocolate chips.
- Add one heaping tablespoon of batter on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten the top a little bit.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the top has set (don't over-bake!).
- Remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes on the baking tray.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
For more avocado inspired dessert ideas, try these: