Sweet, spicy, salty and oh so good! This Easy Pineapple Guacamole Recipe takes only 10 minutes with 7 ingredients! It’s a sweet and spicy dip that is a total crowd pleaser and great for parties!
I am obsessed with avocados. In my mind they are the perfect food. They have such an amazing creaminess, yet are supremely healthy. They seem almost too good to be true. I can eat avocado with just about anything. I love to put them on sandwiches and burgers. They lend so much creaminess that a condiment really isn’t necessary. But of course the quintessential way to eat avocado is in guacamole.
This pineapple guacamole recipe was a happy accident. I just happened to have some leftover pineapple in the fridge, so I tossed it in. Pineapple adds a fun and tropical dimension to guacamole and really makes it scream summer. The results were mighty tasty! Sweet pineapple, creamy avocado and a bit of spice definitely brightened up my day.
To make it, simply mash everything together to your desired level of chunky-ness. And don’t be afraid to mash up the pineapple a bit too, so that the juices infuse the guacamole.
Not sure what to do with pineapple guacamole? Spread it on a sandwich, dollop it on a taco or quesadilla, scoop it onto a burger, or use it as a dip.
With as much salsa and guac as I consume, you’d better believe I have developed some opinions on my preferred dipper. My choice were these Garlic and Herb Thins from KNOW Better Foods. I love that that they’re made with real food ingredients, are free from so many allergens and are the perfect thickness to scoop up a good bite of the guac without crumbling on you.
If you love avocados and are a fan of sweet heat, you’ve got to give this easy recipe a try! I bet you’ll have a hard time not licking the entire bowl clean in one sitting! Enjoy!
- 3 medium avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple(can substitute with canned)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and minced
- ⅓ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 small red pepper, finely diced
- 1½ tablespoons lime juice
- 2 TBS fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, mash avocados with pineapple, peppers, onion, lime juice and cilantro until you've reached your desired consistency. (If you want a smoother consistency, feel free to puree the mixture in a blender or food processor).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with your favorite crackers or tortilla chips.
Craving more avocado inspired recipes? Try these!