Get in the KNOW Edible Cookie Dough! This is a no-bake, gluten free recipe meant to be a healthy alternative for those cookie dough cravings. It’s like eating the real cookie dough, minus the eggs so you can eat it by the spoonful or dip it with your favorite snacks.
When I was growing up, making cookies with mom was my favorite. It didn’t matter what kind of cookies we made: chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, cut out cookies. But do you want to know the best part of making cookies? Sneaking some of the cookie dough! There is something nostalgic about licking the beaters from my mother’s electric hand mixer when I was young that makes me smile. We’re told over and over again how we shouldn’t eat raw dough; but it is just OH so good!
This edible cookie dough recipe is easy to make and uses just about all the same ingredients as normal cookie dough with the exception of eggs (hence making it edible), and baking powder/soda. You don’t need these last two, because this cookie dough isn’t for baking. Just for eating!
Here’s how you make the dough!
It’s as easy as combining all of your dry ingredients into one bowl(blanched almond flour, collagen powder, salt) and adding them to a bit of melted butter(or coconut oil), sweetener, maple syrup, milk and vanilla extract. I wanted to add a boost of protein without compromising the flavor so I opted to use collagen powder. My brand of choice has been Further Food, which has so many great benefits!
So what’s with the catchy recipe name?
Get in the KNOW Edible Cookie Dough! Kinda rhymes doesn’t it? I decided to go with this fun play on words since I used two of my favorite products from KNOW Better Foods in the recipe; the KNOW Better Syrup and KNOW Better Chocolate Chips.
So go ahead – have your dough and eat it too! Now grab a spoon and dig in! Enjoy the recipe!
- 1¾ cups unblanched almond flour
- 3 scoops Further Food Collagen
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 TBS butter, melted (Can substitute with coconut oil)
- 3 TBS KNOW Foods Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp. vanila extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- ¼ cup KNOW Foods Chocolate Chips
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together almond flour, collagen and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter, maple syrup and sweetener together until completely smooth.
- Whisk in the milk until combined, then add vanilla.
- Stir until completely mixed.
- Slowly add in flour mixture and stir with a rubber spatula until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.