For many, the morning would not be complete without a bagel. With just 5 simple ingredients, you would never guess these Everything Bagels are low carb, grain free and keto friendly!
I’m all sorts of excited to be sharing another bagel recipe! It’s been far too long in my opinion! Everything Bagels, one of my favorite varieties, took over my kitchen earlier this month. A few weeks ago, I was given the challenge to create a grain free/lower carb style bagel. After several recipe attempts, I’m finally thrilled to share how I make them.
With just a handful of ingredients(almond flour, baking powder, eggs, mozarella and cream cheese), you’ll find these Everything Bagels are not only super easy to make but pretty darn tasty too!
Using my favorite almond flour as the base, these are much softer than your traditional New York style bagels. Almonds are high in fat; and fat helps keep these bagels so tender, rich and buttery. And that can be a good thing: think baked goods and yes, these bagels!
No need to toast these bagels! Just slice them in half and add your favorite toppings. I like mine with the Greek cream cheese from Green Mountain Farms!
There is nothing like bacon, egg and cheese on an Everything Bagel!
This recipe also gave me another opportunity to use my favorite “Everything Bagel Seasoning” from Trader Joe’s. These are just so perfect — especially when they’re fresh from the oven. My mouth is watering. Yours too? Enjoy the recipe!
- ¾ cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 TBS Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese
- 1½ cups low moisture mozzarella cheese
- Trader Joe's Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Egg Wash:
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add mozzarella cheese and cream cheese to a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir and microwave for 30 seconds more.
- Add almond flour, baking powder and egg to a medium sized bowl.
- Stir in the melted cheese.
- Use your hands to really get in there and mix up the dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a long rope and form small bagels.
- Brush the top of each bagel with the egg wash.
- Top each bagel with Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and allow to slightly cool before enjoying.