This Everything But The Bagel Salmon coats salmon filets in a seasoning combined of all the ingredients you would find on an “everything” bagel. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner yet impressive enough to feed company too!
Trader Joe’s “Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend,” is quite possibly the best seasoning to ever be on the market. It’s a seasoning blend sold at Trader Joe’s for $1.99 that includes white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion, dried garlic, and sea salt flakes — literally, heaven!
Well I love everything bagels and salmon, so this is win for me. I try to fit a good amount of salmon into my weekly diet since it’s so healthy and just downright delicious. You’re going to love how easy this is to prepare. Part of the beauty of this dish is that the salmon and veggies are all roasted on one sheet-pan, making this a super easy way to whip up a healthy lunch or dinner.
Now for the salad. I love a really good salad and I’m hooked on making them fun and interesting. For me, a salad is at its best when there are more toppings than lettuce. Let’s eat the rainbow shall we? Just look at the pop of color the purple sweet potato, butternut squash, broccoli and avocado bring to this dish. The roasted vegetables really don’t need much preparation either, just a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper.
I was thrilled that this one came out so wonderfully! I’ll be adding this Everything But The Bagel Salmon salad to my regular weeknight dinner rotation and dreaming about what else I can start putting that everything bagel spice on. Enjoy!
With all the flavor of an everything bagel, this Everything But the Bagel Salmon Salad is perfect as a weeknight dinner, yet impressive enough to feed company too!
- 2 salmon filets (4-5oz portion)
- 1.5 TBS dijon mustard
- 2 TBS Trader Joe's Everything Bagel seasoning
- 10-12 oz bag mixed baby greens or romaine
- 1 TBS olive oil(for drizzling over the vegetables)
- 6 oz sweet potato, diced
- 4 oz broccoli
- 4 oz butternut squash, diced
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- your choice of salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees ° F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl add sweet potato, butternut squash and broccoli.
- Drizzle with olive oil to coat vegetables, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place vegetables in the oven for 10 mins.
- While vegetables are cooking prepare the salmon filets.
- Brush tops of salmon with dijon mustard and sprinkle with "everything bagel" seasoning generously and evenly.
- Remove vegetables from oven (after cooking for 10 mins.) and add the salmon filets to the baking sheet with the vegetables.
- Return to the oven and cook until salmon is cooked and vegetables are tender (about 10-12 minutes)
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Split romaine equally between two medium sized salad bowls.
- Top with salmon, veggies and fresh sliced avocado.
- Sprinkle with more seasoning, if desired.
- Top with your favorite salad dressing.
- Tip: To make your own Everything Bagel seasoning mix together 1 tablespoon each white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion, dried garlic and 2 teaspoons sea salt.
For more salmon inspired dinners, try these: