Happy Friday friends! Welcome to the first Friday Food Finds of 2017. In true nut butter fashion, I’m sharing a review for Naturally Nutty, a handcrafted nut and seed butter company.
Naturally Nutty was created by a vegan mom, Katie Kearney for her kids. She really wanted to produce a healthy product for her family. She has come up with a fantastic line of organic nut butters. Her products are incredible and I just love supporting a family owned business.
Naturally Nutty goes a step beyond regular nut butters, incorporating the health beneficial ingredients of hemp and flax seeds to all their products. They are also vegan, gluten free, dairy free, sugar free and soy free!
Honey Roasted Cinnamon Peanut Butter
Upon opening the jar, it had a nice fresh cinnamon smell to it. Lightly sweetened and full of warm cinnamon flavor! Although honey is the first word listed in the title, cinnamon is definitely the predominant flavor. Not that it’s a bad thing, but you just have to love cinnamon – which I do! As for the consistency, this peanut butter is smooth and creamy; ideal for slathering onto a piece of whole wheat cinnamon raisin toast!
Organic Pepita Sun Seed Butter
Nut free? No problem! For anyone looking for an alternate option to peanut butter, this is perfection! This one of a kind blend contains Organic Pepita (Pumpkin) Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Flax and Hemp. The pepita seed butter has a bit of spice with the cinnamon. It tasted like a rich, creamy pumpkin pie, which had me eating it straight from the jar! Enjoy this quick and healthy muffin recipe made with the Pepita Seed Butter- they are delicious!
- ½ cup Naturally Nutty Pepita Seed Butter
- ¼ cup Better Body Foods organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- ¼ cup Better Body Foods coconut sugar
- 1¼ cup Organic Bob's Red Mill Oat Flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- Crumb Topping:
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 TBS coconut sugar
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 TBS, softened butter
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Spray muffin tin with coconut oil spray or line with baking cups.
- In large bowl, combine flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the seed butter and coconut oil.
- Microwave on 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until nice and smooth.
- In small bowl, whisk milk, egg
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mixing only until moistened. Do not over mix.
- Divide batter into muffin cups.
- Make the topping.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to fully cool before removing from the pan.
Overall….great tasting and an ingredient list that you can recognize and pronounce!
Naturally Nutty has so many unique flavors to choose from! I really want to try the Butter Toffee next! Click here to check out their entire product line.
They also have a special going on for January. Use coupon code ” JAN6 ” and receive 6% off everything in their online store!
Follow Naturally Nutty on their social media sites: