Happy Wednesday friends! If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw a sneak peak photo of these graham crackers last week. Graham crackers hold a lot of childhood nostalgia for me. I could always count on finding some in the cupboard and would spread peanut butter and marshmallow on them for a quick snack. If you love graham crackers, but want a gluten free, grain free version, then you will absolutely love this recipe for Healthy Chocolate Graham Crackers! Just in time for fall s’more season!
These Healthy Chocolate Graham Crackers are easy to make and so delicious!
For some reason I really thought making my own graham crackers would be difficult until I actually tried it! You simply just have to mix all of your ingredients together, roll it out flat, and cut them into squares.
These little squares are the right amount of soft so that when you make your s’more and bite down that you don’t lose all of your stuffing.They’re firm enough that they support all the s’more stuffing and won’t fall apart in your hands too. Once you have your graham crackers made and you’ve locked down some marshmallows and your favorite chocolate, all you need to do is put it all together.
- 2 cups almond flour or meal
- ¼ cup Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3-4 packets stevia
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup KNOW Better Maple Syrup
- 2 TBS coconut oil, melted
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond meal, cocoa powder, baking powder, stevia and salt.
- Add to a food processor.
- Next, add in the egg, coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Turn on the food processor and mix until you have a cohesive dough.
- Transfer dough to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer the dough to a large piece of parchment paper and top with a second piece.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to ¼ inch thickness.
- Using a knife, cut into 2.5 - 3 inch square.
- Transfer squares to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transfering to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Once you try this homemade version, you’ll never want to go back to store bought again!
In case you haven’t noticed, I’m taking a break from What I Ate Wednesday to focus more on recipe content. As much as I love sharing my favorite eats, this was the perfect time to change up the format a bit! Drop me a comment and let me know what you think!