I practice a holistic approach to health and wellness, which means that I look at how all areas of your life are connected. Does stress at your job or in your relationship cause you to overeat? Does lack of sleep or low energy prevent you from exercising? As we work together, we will look at how all parts of your life affect your health as a whole.
Health Coaching Approach
My approach is not to dwell on calories, carbs, fats, and proteins. It is not to create lists of restrictions or good and bad foods. Instead, I work with my clients to create a happy, healthy life in a way that is flexible, fun, and rewarding. Together we’ll work to reach your health goals in areas such as achieving optimal weight, reducing food cravings, increasing sleep, and maximizing energy. As we work together, you’ll develop a deeper understanding of the food and lifestyle choices that work best for you and implement lasting changes that will improve your energy, balance, and health.
Here are some concepts that we will explore during our work together:
- Bio-individuality™– The concept of bio-individuality is that each person has unique food and lifestyle needs. One person’s food is another person’s poison, and that’s why fad diets tend to fail in the long run. Working on the principle of bio-individuality, I’ll support you to make positive changes that are based on your unique needs, lifestyle, preferences, and ancestral background. I use a personalized, holistic approach to ensure that you will have great success!
- Primary Food™– It’s easy to overlook all of the things that contribute to our sense of nourishment and fulfillment. It’s not just the food we eat, but many other factors presented in our daily lives. Healthy relationships, a fulfilling career, regular physical activity, and a spiritual awareness are essential forms of nourishment. When these “primary foods” are balanced, what you eat becomes secondary. I will support you in achieving all of your goals, from eating the right foods for your body to living an inspired, fulfilling life.
- Integrative Nutrition™ Plate – The Integrative Nutrition Plate emphasizes the importance of local and organic produce, whole grains, high-quality proteins, plant-based fats, and water. It shows you how a plate should appear at mealtime and emphasizes the importance of proportions and portion size. To complete the picture, the plate is surrounded with lifestyle factors that create optimal health: relationship, career, physical activity, and spirituality. I’ll introduce you to some of the healthiest foods on the planet and teach you how to find what’s healthiest for your unique body!
Can you imagine what it would be like to wake up every morning feeling healthy, energetic and genuinely excited for your day?
Can you imagine how free you will feel when your mind is no longer crowded with obsessive thoughts of food?
This is possible – it just takes the commitment to make regular and sustainable changes that will put you on the path to the life you deserve and always dreamed of. If you’re ready for that next step, I would love to work with you!
My top three goals in beginning this program were ease with digestive issues, food and recipe ideas,and reaching my feel good point with myself physically and mentally. Wendy was able to help me track and pinpoint things in my daily food regime that were potentially causing my digestive issues. Through all of our sessions, I have learned so much about how my body reacts to certain foods, how to fuel my body, and how to listen to it!
Anybody looking to clean up their diet, digestive issues, and gain a positive perspective of a healthy lifestyle would thrive on what they can learn from Wendy. ~ Amy Leffler
Personalized Individual Health Coaching Program
(3 or 6 months)
Together, we will explore concerns specific to you and your body. Your Health Coaching Program will include:
- Two 50 minute sessions per month (can be done via Skype)
- Email support between sessions
- Healthy, simple to prepare recipes and meal planning recommendations
- Learn about new foods and how you can easily incorporate them
- Coaching and support to help you make the dietary and lifestyle changes you want Simple but informative handouts that will increase your nutrition knowledge
- My personal commitment to your health and success
To decide if health coaching is for you, I invite you to schedule a complimentary initial consultation with me. During this session, we will discuss your health and lifestyle to determine how I can best support you in achieving your goals.
If you would like to download and complete a health history form prior to our consultation, please do so here:
Bio-individuality™, Primary Food™, and Integrative Nutrition™ Plate are all trademarks of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.