Happy Friday! Today I’m sharing my top 5 travel snacks. Let’s be honest, we all lead busy lives and sometimes we don’t the have time to prepare, cook and pack meals on a regular basis. It’s hard enough trying to balance our lives as is. We wake up, hit the gym, shower, eat breakfast(hopefully) and finally jump in our cars to face the day. The majority of us don’t bother bringing a lunch to work, let alone a snack to help us through the day. Instead, we hit up the work cafeteria, local fast food joint or the convenience store in search of a quick fix.
When you’re on the road and out of your routine, it can be even more challenging to pick wholesome foods to eat.
So, in the spirit of my recent travels, I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite travel snacks with you in this week’s Friday Food Finds. Let’s get to it!
Here are my Top 5 Travel Snacks!
1. Mauer Sports Nutrition Bars. The Dark Chocolate Caramel Macadamia is too die for. I reviewed the bars on my blog and have been hooked ever since! They have the perfect macros too: 30g carb, 21g protein and 16g fat. When I have a 4 hour car drive, these are perfect for tiding me over to my next meal!
2. Think Jerky Grass Fed Beef Jerky. My go-to jerky these days! With flavors like Ginger Orange and Sweet Chipotle, the flavors are definitely one of a kind! Jerky is one of the easiest, tastiest proteins you’re going to find. Always check the ingredients list on the jerky you buy to make sure there isn’t tons of added sugars or weird preservatives or things you can’t pronounce in there.
3. Wild Friends Protein Vanilla Almond Butter: The individual squeeze packs of nut butters are a lifesaver! I love pairing one of these packs with an apple, banana or just squeezing them right into my mouth. Don’t judge. The vanilla almond butter tastes like frosting. You’ve been warned!
4. Greek Yogurt: Make sure you don’t leave without packing a few cups of low-fat greek yogurt into your cooler! Yogurt makes a healthy, filling snack any time of day. I am a huge greek yogurt fan. Here are two of my favorite Salted Caramel yogurts from Dannon.
5. Hardboiled Eggs: You can’t beat the quick protein packed, nutrient dense quality of hard boiled eggs. It’s easy enough to boil up a dozen ahead of time. However if you’re in a time crunch like I was, I bought the cooked and peeled eggs. Oh if you are wondering, I do eat the yolks. Because #fatdoesntmakeyoufat.
With a little strategy, eating healthy on the road is absolutely possible. Next time you pack your bags to head out of town, pack healthy snacks, too!
What are your favorite travel snacks? How do you decide what to bring? Share your favorites with me in the comments- I would love to hear from you!