I love, love cornbread! There is something just so comforting about a warm piece of that heaven straight out of the oven! This isn’t your mama’s Jiffy cornbread out of the box either! This Pumpkin Cornbread packs a protein punch and makes a delicious snack, but they’re best served alongside your favorite soup, stew or chili!
This Pumpkin Cornbread recipe packs a protein punch!
I’ve had traditional cornbread many times and I’m often struck by how dry it can be. To me, cornbread has to be slightly sweet and super moist. That’s definitely not the case with these since they’re full of pureed pumpkin and Greek yogurt. The trick here, as with any baking, is not to overbake it. As soon as the toothpick comes out clean, pull it out of the oven.
Cornbread is comfort food! However, comfort food can also be healthy. The protein punch comes from using a scoop of Quest Multi-Purpose Mix. If you haven’t added this to your pantry yet, seriously consider it. I’ve used it in countless recipes where an unflavored protein powder was called for and have always had amazing results.
With only 10 minutes of preparation time and 25 minutes in the oven, this is soft, tender, sweet and moist with just the right amount of cornbread texture. The holidays are also just right around the corner too! Why not add this as a side to your main meal and you’ll be a hit at the dinner table. Hope you love it like I do! Enjoy!
- ¾ cup Bob's Red Mill Cornbread Mix
- ¼ cup Trader Joe's gluten free flour
- 1 scoop Quest Nutrition Multi-Purpose Mix
- ¼ cup sweetener of choice
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease an 8X8 pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, egg, milk, yogurt and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Mix to combine, but do not overmix.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing and slicing.
Try this pumpkin cornbread alongside this Turkey Pumpkin Chili or Butternut Squash Soup!