These Salted Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies are just the right amount of soft and chewy with loads of dark chocolate chips, finished with a pinch of sea salt! With just 8 ingredients, these cookies bake up in under 15 minutes!
I’m so incredibly excited to share this cookie recipe with you. Using almond flour as the base, I have created the perfect and most decadent gluten and grain free cookie recipe. Slightly crispy on the outside and oh-so soft and chewy on the inside. The melted dark chocolate combined with the sea salt against the buttery-tasting almond flour are such cookie perfection.
The combination of almond and tapioca flour creates the perfect texture combination! These bake up just like a dream!
Let’s talk ingredients!
Trust me when I say that choice of almond flour matters. I’ve baked with many kinds of almond flour over the years. I recommend looking for blanched almond flour. It’s much finer ground and doesn’t have the almond skins like almond meal does. Two brands that I enjoy using is Barney Butter and also this one from Vitacost.
The next ingredient that I absolutely love using is tapioca flour! Tapioca flour is often used to lighten up a dough or batter, to make it a bit airier and sometimes chewier. It also acts as a binder and is really useful in doughs. Typically tapioca flour is not used alone but in conjunction with another alternative flour. Think of tapioca flour as a flour that enhances another flour, or makes the other flour shine.
I typically use coconut sugar or brown sugar when making chocolate chip cookies. This time around, I substituted it with Sugar 2.0 since I enjoyed how well it worked with this recipe and also this one!
You can’t help but notice that rich and golden brown color these cookies have. By baking them at a higher temperature for a short burst of time, the exterior boasts a crisp texture while the inside remains melty, chewy and warm as ever.
And don’t forget to finish your cookies with a sprinkle of sea salt. It truly accentuates the rich chocolate flavor creating the ultimate sweet and salty snack. I hope you enjoy these cookies as much I do. They really are quite delicious. Enjoy the recipe!
Salted Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies with just 8 ingredients and bake up in under 15 minutes! Are you drooling yet?
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- ½ tsp.baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup Sugar 2.0
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- sea salt flakes, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment.
- Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Mix in the egg.
- Next, add the almond flour, tapioca flour, vanilla, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix until it’s all incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough one heaping tablespoon at a time onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Then lower the temperature to 325 degrees and continue to bake for an additional 7-8 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven.
- Allow them to cool on the pan for 3 minutes, then carefully transfer them to a rack to cool completely.
Looking for more scrumptious almond flour inspired recipes? Try one of these;