Rich, chewy, and fudgey, these Triple Chocolate Avocado Brownies taste like a total indulgence, yet they’re such a healthy treat! You won’t even be able to tell they’re made with avocados. And best of all, they’re gluten free.
Triple Chocolate Avocado Brownies that taste just like your favorite rich, chocolatey brownie!
That’s right, you can’t even tell that I swapped out the butter and oil for some healthier fats here. The avocado does the job just as well, and you get some nutrition out of it, too.
5 Quick Facts About Avocados:
- Excellent source of vitamin E
- Contains 25 essential nutrients
- Contains 2 – 3 times the potassium as one banana
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Can help lower cholesterol levels
What could be better than using two kinds of chocolate? How about three!
The triple chocolate comes from using cocoa powder, chocolate squares and mini chocolate chips. Talk about a chocolate triple threat right there!
The beauty of these brownies is that they require minimal ingredients and effort to make…
- Avocado in place of butter or oil
- Sugar alternative( I used Lite & Sweet)
- Cocoa powder( I used NuNatural’s brand)
- Gluten free flour( I used Jessica’s All Natural)
- Baking powder
- Dairy free chocolate chips( I used Enjoy Life)
- Sugar free melting chocolate( I used ChocZero squares)
Simply combine the wet ingredients into a blender or food processor (to assure the avocado is nice and smooth) then stir those in with the dry. Avocado adds a dose of moisture to these mouthwatering brownies. If you aren’t a fan of avocados, you definitely need to try them in a few recipes. I think avocado is quite flavor-neutral and takes on the flavors of what it’s mixed with, in this case lots of chocolate. I served one to my hubby without saying a word about the ingredients to see if he noticed anything unusual. Nope. Misson accomplished!
These gluten-free brownies are, simply put, amazing. Fudgey. Rich. Chocolatey.
So the next time you’re craving brownies, whip up a batch of these gluten-free brownies infused with heart healthy avocado. Enjoy!
- ⅔ cup gluten-free flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 egg + one egg yolk
- 5 squares ChocZero 85% dark chocolate, melted(substitute with any dark baking chocolate)
- ¼ cup sugar alternative(stevia, Lite & Sweet or your favorite)
- ⅓ cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8x8 inch pan and line pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and cocoa; set aside.
- Mash the avocado with a fork in a separate bowl.
- Add avocado, eggs, melted chocolate, and sweetener to a food processor or blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
- Gently stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool at least 20 minutes before serving.
For more avocado inspired recipes, try these: