Good morning and Happy Wednesday! I hope you are having an amazing week so far. We are officially mid-week status and on Wednesday’s – we chat about food! For this week’s What I Ate Wednesday, here is a peek at some of favorite eats and treats from last week!
Breakfast: Raspberry and Lemon Stack’D pancakes. Lemon is one of my favorite spring and summer flavors! You can mix and match it with raspberry and blueberry for a sweet and tart combination!
Morning Snack: For my morning snack, I tried one of the Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars I made over the weekend! I lightly drizzled my bar with My Coconut Kitchen’s Lemon Kiss coconut butter. This bar would also be amazing with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! Try out this recipe- you will not be disappointed!
- ¾ cup low fat cottage cheese
- ⅔ cup lemon or plain fat free yogurt
- 1 TBS WEDO banana flour or coconut flour
- 3 packets stevia
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Add all ingredients except for egg whites into your food processor. Whip until the batter is smooth.
- Add your egg whites and pulse gently.
- Gently stir your blueberries into the batter
- Liberally grease a bar pan.
- Pour your batter evenly into all 12 wells.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Check bars frequently as you do not want them to dry out.
- Allow to cool and serve chilled.
- Suggested toppings; I used My Coconut Kitchen Lemon Kiss Coconut Butter which I melted in the microwave.
Lunch: Lunch was delicious! Salmon Burger topped with a Daiya Mozarella Cheese slice and Alterna BBQ Sauce. I had my favorite kale and brussels sprout salad that I picked up at Costco with roasted purple sweet potatoes! Yep- slightly obsessed with Stokes purple sweet potatoes!
Dinner: Cracked Pepper Crusted Salmon over Cashew Infused Jasmine Rice and roasted asparagus. For those that follow me, you know I LOVE my salmon and eat at minimum twice a week! I boiled my jasmine rice in So Delicious Cashew Milk to enhance the flavor a bit! This would also work great with coconut or almond milk too!
Evening Snack: Salted caramel waffle topped with Chocolate Peanut Butter Arctic Zero ice cream and some melted You Fresh Naturals Chocolate Chip Almond Coconut Butter(AKA CRACK IN A JAR)😳😳 on top .
My goal these next few weeks is to enjoy more variety! I want to make sure I am fueling my body the best way I can!
What are some of your favorite food combinations right now? What are you loving lately? Please share- I would love to hear from you!