Happy Wednesday foodies! I’m happy you’re here! We are now into week #2 of the Sunday Supper Series! This week I’m sharing a recipe for a quick and healthy Chicken Enchilada Bake.
For those new to WIAW, I share some of my favorite eats from the week before!
Breakfast: I recently increased my carbohydrate intake to help with my strength and endurance in the gym. This was a Pumpkin and Blueberry stack post leg day. I always do high carbs for breakfast after strength training however this was slightly higher than the norm for me. Total carbohydrates was 54 grams. My batter consisted of a blend of 2 TBS coconut flour, 1. 5 servings Stack’D pancake mix, 1/4 c pumpkin, blueberries and psyllium husk. Psyllium husk is the secret to thick and fluffy pancakes.
Lunch: I cannot stop raving about just how good Outer Aisles’s veggie thins are for sandwiches and pizza! This was a turkey and spinach grilled cheese topped with some fresh cranberry jam. This combination was truly a flavor explosion!
Afternoon Snack: One of the newest editions to the Chobani family is the “Simply 100” Crunch greek yogurts. This was the Blueberry Cookie Crumble. These are a perfect afternoon pick me up! I also bought the Mango Cone Crisp and Strawberry Chocolate Truffle. I found these at Target!
This is not your traditional Chicken Enchilada Bake!
This fast and easy bake is ready in 30 minutes. Rather than filling and rolling your enchiladas, simply, stir together shredded chicken with cream cheese, green enchilada sauce, beans and torn up tortillas! You can prep this up to two days in advance and bake it off when you’re ready for an healthy, fresh and fast make-ahead meal. And you’ll likely have planned leftovers. A double win!
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, shredded
- ½ cup low-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 14 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 2 TBS taco seasoning
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 4-6 small corn tortillas, torn into bite sized pieces
- Shred your chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Add chicken, softened cream cheese, taco seasoning and enchilada sauce to a medium size frying pan.
- Over medium heat, keep stirring your chicken mixture until the cream cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Stir in your corn tortillas,black beans and roasted red peppers.
- Add chicken mixture into a well oiled round or square 9X9 baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove foil and add your shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce is bubbling.
- Allow to rest for at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
- The dish will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
- Optional: At 30 mins, add ½-3/4 cup shredded low-fat mexican cheese.
- Top with low fat sour cream, guacamole or salsa.
Dessert: The day is not complete without a yummy bed time snack. Arctic Zero Vanilla Maple ice cream waffle sundae! I used NuNaturals Cocoa Syrup on top! Awesome stuff and sweetened with stevia!
That’s all for this week’s roundup! See you back here on Friday!