Happy Wednesday Friends! I’m loving the cooler weather this week- it means that fall is right around the corner. I’ve been working on quite a few fall comfort food recipes that I cannot wait to share with everyone. Keeping with this month’s theme, in this week’s What I Ate Wednesday, I’m sharing a recipe for a healthier version of Chicken Tetrazzini.
Without further ado, let’s jump into this week’s What I Ate Wednesday.
Breakfast: Pumpkin everything these days! I love using my Stack’D Pumpkin Spice mix for my morning stack. This is a limited edition flavor so I highly recommend picking up a few bags before they are gone. You can find them here!
Lunch: Jamaican Jerk Salmon salad from Harvest Grill. This was actually a lunch on the go. I’ve been looking for an excuse to eat here and I’m so happy I find one. This salad was marinated in jerk seasoning which equated to some awesome flavor. The salad had chopped mango, black beans, corn and a mango vinaigrette.
Afternoon Snack: ThinSlim Foods Cinnamon Bagel stuffed with strawberry cream cheese and banana hit the spot last week while I was traveling.
Dinner: When the cool fall weather hits, I crave creamy comfort foods. This week I’m sharing a healthier version of Chicken Tetrazzini. This casserole can be made ahead and enjoyed during the week. My creamy version will leave you craving more! I hope you enjoy it!
- 16 oz fettuccine cooked (or any of your favorite noodles)
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked, shredded
- 1 can Amy’s Organic Soup Mushroom Bisque with Porcini
- 1 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup no salt chicken broth
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 TBS Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
- Combine cooked chicken, soup, greek yogurt, salt, pepper and chicken broth.
- Add cooked noodles.
- Pour into a 13X9 pan coated with nonstick spray.
- Sprinkle both cheeses on top.
- Bake in a 300 degree oven for 45 minutes, covered with foil.
- Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- May be made in advance and refrigerated (before cooking).
Evening Dessert: Salted Caramel Protein waffle topped with Arctic Zero Salted Caramel ice cream and Buff Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter. Perfect treat for less than 200 calories. I’ve posted my protein waffle recipe in a previous blog. I just changed up the flavor of protein powder.
Well that’s a wrap for this week’s What I Ate Wednesday eats! See you on Friday!