Happy Wednesday friends! I hope the week is going well for you! Last week, I received several requests for my Chocolate Cherry French Toast recipe. In this week’s WIAW, I’m sharing with you the recipe!
For those new to my blog, What I Ate Wednesday is all about sharing my love of food and favorite meals from the previous week.
Without further ado, let’s jump into this week’s eats!
Breakfast: As much as I love my pancakes, I have to admit I love the ease of this recipe. I have made several batches of this french toast the past few weeks just to change things up a bit. I love the combination of chocolate and cherry together. The flavor reminds me of a black forest cake and tastes like dessert! This recipe is a single serving but can easily be doubled, tripled or even quadrupled!
Here is the recipe for the best Chocolate Cherry French Toast you will ever taste!
- 2 slices Canyon Gluten Free Bakehouse 7-grain bread(can substitute any whole grain bread)
- ½ TBS Hershey's Dark Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 4 egg whites or ½ cup liquid egg whites
- 3 TBS unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar free cherry pie filling
- Maple Syrup(Regular or Sugar Free)
- In a large baking dish, stir together the egg whites, cocoa powder, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Place the bread in the egg mixture and coat well on both sides.
- Once the bread is ready, spray a griddle (or large pan) with cooking spray and heat to medium heat.
- Cook the bread until lightly golden brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Top with sugar free cherry pie filling and maple syrup.
Lunch: It was the hubby’s birthday weekend. We decided to check out a new sushi place for lunch called Kumo Asian Bistro. The food was amazing and the service was incredible. Sadly we did not know it was BYOB or we would have brought a bottle of wine to celebrate. For starters, we shared some veggie gyozas and seaweed salad.
I went with the Tokyo Island roll which is Fresh tuna, salmon, and yellowtail wrapped in cucumber sheet with a citrus infused ponzu.
The hubby had the Caribbean Roll which is Shrimp tempura, grilled banana with spicy tuna crushed peanuts in wasabi sauce. The presentation was beautiful and it had the perfect combination of sweet and spicy.
Afternoon Snack: Even though lunch was somewhat filling, I ended up having a protein bar on the way home. The Oh Yeah One Birthday Cake bar is quite amazing. This bar does not taste lemony like some of the other bars out there. This one truly tastes like vanilla cake. I love the pretty sprinkles too. Vitamin Shoppe sells individual bars if you’re like me and just want to try first before buying a whole box.
Dinner: At the birthday boy’s request, we had this stuffed salmon for dinner. One of my favorite salmon recipes to make. You can use any type of cheese you want in this recipe too! This time around I used goat cheese instead of the cream cheese.
Please let me know if you try the french toast recipe- tag me in your social media posts!
Do you have a favorite breakfast food? Have you made your own french toast? Please share- I would love to hear from you!