Good morning and Happy Wednesday foodies! For those not familiar with my What I Ate Wednesday posts, I (try to) take photographs of each item of food I eat a for an entire day (doesn’t have to be a Wednesday, this just happens to be the day I share this with all of you!) To be honest, my favorite part of WIAW is hearing from you. Food is a wonderful way to connect with people, so let’s sneak a peek at this week’s What I Ate Wednesday and some of my favorite meals and snacks from last week.
Breakfast: This 4th of July inspired stack was red, white and blue all over! Kokonut Stack’D pancakes topped with vanilla yogurt and lots of fresh berries.
Morning Snack: I could not believe I waited so long to try this sample packet of Trutein Orange Creamsicle protein powder. I have fond memories as a kid eating my fair share of Orange Creamsicle bars. I decided to go with making some protein bites with this flavor. With it being summertime and all, I thought a tropical flavored bite would hit the spot.This recipe calls for using Sweet It vitafiber. VitaFiber is the secret ingredient for homemade Quest-style protein bars. I hope you enjoy the recipe.
- 45 grams Sweet It Vitafiber syrup
- 1 scoop Trutein Orange Creamsicle protein powder(can substitute with vanilla flavor but add ¼tsp of orange extract)
- 1 TBS organic unsweetened coconut flakes
- extra coconut flakes for rolling
- colored sprinkles(optional but highly recommended!)
- Add your Sweet It vitafiber syrup to a small bowl and microwave for 20 seconds.
- Carefully remove from the microwave as the bowl may be very hot.
- Stir in your protein powder and coconut flakes.
- Remove dough from the bowl and place onto some parchment paper.
- Spray hands well with nonstick spray and work the dough.
- Roll into desired amount of bites.
- Roll your protein bites into the extra coconut flakes and sprinkles.
- Allow to set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Lunch: Turkey Reuben on traditional rye bread with a homemade russian sauce. I’ve still been lucky enough to find kabocha in my local grocery store so you know I stocked up! Roasted balsamic brussels sprouts rounded out my meal perfectly.
Afternoon Snack: Lemon and strawberry cream cheese stuffed ThinSlim Foods bagel got me through my afternoon at work! I stuffed it with fresh strawberries, strawberry cream cheese and Yoplait lemon meringue Greek yogurt whips! So delish!
Dinner: Salmon Alla Vodka Pasta was bellissimo! If you’ve not tried ThinSlim foods Impastable yet, I highly recommend it. The hubby and I eat it at least once a week. It is a bit pricey but worth the splurge!
What are 3 foods that are making you smile right now?(I might need some inspiration!) Please share I would love to hear from you!