Hello and welcome to another week of What I Ate Wednesday! Who else is enjoying this beautiful spring weather? I cannot get enough! Most of the deliciousness I’m highlighting was whipped up this past week. I spent this past Sunday prepping recipes for the blog, so lots of taste testing was enjoyed. Look for some new recipes coming soon on future What I Ate Wednesday!
Without further ado, let’s get this party started!
Breakfast: To start things off, Tiramisu Pancakes was a huge hit and favorite of mine. I was able to try the new Dannon Light n’ Fit Tiramisu Greek yogurt in this recipe. I will be running back to the store to buy more(or should we say hoard more!) of this flavor. Once again Dannon did it right! This flavor is on point and will easily be a favorite. Dannon if you’re reading this please keep this as a regular flavor!
Morning Snack: I love seeking out and trying new protein bars. I finally was able to find Robert Irvine’s Fit Crunch bars at my local Walgreen’s. The Peanut Butter Crunch literally tastes just like a Butterfinger bar- no joke!
Afternoon Snack: It was National Donut Day on Friday. I did partake and celebrate but in my own healthy way! I hinted about a healthy donut recipe on this past Friday Food Finds. I have been having fun experimenting with WEDO Banana Flour and came up with this delicious Chocolate Glazed donut recipe. No worries if you do not have banana flour on hand as you can easily substitute coconut for the same results! If you’re not willing to eat the real deal, you will love my healthy version!
- ½ c WEDO Banana Flour
- ¼ c vanilla protein powder
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ TBS coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 TBS plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 packets stevia
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all dry ingredients to one bowl and wet to another.
- Add wet to dry and mix well until all lumps have disappeared.
- Using coconut oil, grease your donut pan.
- Add donut batter equally to all 6 wells.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow donuts to cool before icing.
- Chocolate Glaze:
- TBS Unsweetened Dark Cocoa Powder
- TBS coconut oil, melted
- -2 packets stevia to sweeten
- In a small bowl, add cocoa powder and stevia powder to your melted coconut oil.
- Stir until well-combined and icing-like consistency.
- Dip each donut into the icing until fully coated.
- Add sprinkles if desired.
Dinner: I make salmon at a minimum twice a week. I pan-fried my salmon first in some coconut oil until nice and crispy. I finished it in the oven and topped it with a honey orange marmalade sauce and served it over coconut brown rice. Talk about a flavor infusion!
Evening Snack: Lemon Cream Pie Proyo topped with Mamma Chia Blueberry Vitality Granola. I make my proyo with a casein based protein. Casein is better used at bedtime. While you sleep, you have the greatest opportunity for muscle repair, and casein can aid in that type of repair throughout the night. Unfortunately my blueberry granola is now a distant memory. I was using it to top off everything, even pancakes!