Happy Wednesday fellow foodies! As with nearly every other Wednesday here on Moore Ways to Wellness, I am celebrating What I Ate Wednesday and sharing some of my most recent eats. Since many of you may not have an Instagram account, I’m recapping some of my favorite eats from last week via my favorite social media app- Instagram. Now onto the What I Ate Wednesday deliciousness!
Breakfast: In case you’re wondering if I ever get sick of my morning pancakes, the answer is no way! I look forward to breakfast every morning and with pancakes you can get super creative. This stack combines two of my favorite flavors Blueberry and Lemon!
Morning Snack: My morning snack was one of my Peanut Butter Marshmallow Protein Blondies. I had made a batch a few weeks ago but it needed some tweaking before sharing the recipes with my readers. These turned out moist and delicious the second time. I hope you try this recipe – it’s a keeper!
- 1 cup cannellni beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup Crazy Richard's Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 scoop Cellucor Peanut Butter Marshmallow whey protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 packets NuNaturals stevia powder
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup Lily's Dark Chocolate Mini Chips
- ⅓ cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 4 drops of NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia liquid
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
- Spray a nonstick 8X8 baking pan.
- Pour batter into the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool and slice into 8 bars.
- Spread icing onto cooled bars.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on each square.
Lunch: By far, this lunch was one of my favorites from last week. I love Turkey Reubens! I used ThinSlim Foods Rye bread, sliced turkey, low fat swiss cheese and Bolthouse Farms Thousand Island dressing- delish!
Afternoon Snack: In the afternoon, I was need of some healthy carbs. I had one last packet of San Franola Lemon Zest granola that I had been holding/hoarding for the longest time. I added this to a Dannon Light & Fit Passion Fruit Greek yogurt. Dannon is really coming out with some awesome new flavors. I posted a few of the new ones over on Instagram this past weekend.
Dinner: ThinSlim Foods pasta topped with chunks of shredded grilled salmon, broccoli and a creamy vodka sauce. In case your wondering if there is a recipe for the sauce, this was actually a jarred one I picked up at the grocery store.
Evening Snack: This truly was some of the best homemade ice cream I’ve made in a long time! Toasted Coconut Chip ice cream for dessert tonight. This is packed with protein and the healthy fats come from the coconut milk! Recipe will be posted to the blog soon!
What was the best thing you ate recently? Do you have an Instagram account? Please share your Instagram handle – I’m always looking for new accounts to follow!