Good morning friends! Happy hump day-half way there! Welcome to this week’s What I Ate Wednesday. This work week has been busy and only getting more so! Lot’s of traveling going on which means I should have some pretty awesome food pics to share next week!
This week’s What I Ate Wednesday I’m sharing some of my favorite eats and treats from this past week. Let’s get this food party started!
Breakfast: Cinnamon Fig pancakes. When fresh figs are in season I love and have to buy them weekly! These are calimyrna figs and are also pretty spectacular on a salad if I may add!
Lunch: If you’re searching for a new burger recipe, look no further. You need to try my Caribbean Mango Chicken Burgers. These are so full of flavor and delicious. I also added a few tablespoons of Alterna Sweets BBQ sauce for some extra kick and a sweet and smoky flavor. This recipe is very easy to prep. The burgers can stay refrigerated for 2-3 days or frozen to use later. Please let me know if you try them!
- 1 pound lean (99% fat free) ground chicken
- 2 TBS plain greek yogurt
- 2 TBS Alterna Sweets BBQ sauce
- 1 cup fresh mango, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ⅓ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh jalapeno, (seeds & stems removed) minced
- 1½ teaspoons caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 4 whole wheat rolls
- Place ground chicken into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together yogurt, bbq sauce, mango, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, Caribbean seasoning, garlic, and lime zest until well combined.
- Gently stir yogurt mixture into chicken being careful not to overmix and compact meat. Form into 4 patties.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray (or use a little oil to coat bottom of pan) over medium-high heat.
- Place patties in pan and cook about 8-10 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Serve chicken pattie on your favorite rolls and top with desired toppings.
- I added some of the Alterna Sweets BBQ sauce on mine!
Afternoon Snack: I love Suzie’s thin cakes. The nutritional stats on these rice cakes are amazing! I actually made 6 of these mini stackers for my afternoon snack. I mixed up my Crazy Richards Pure PB powder with some mashed blueberries and coconut stevia drops for a tasty PB Blueberry Coconut Spread. I first put a little marshmallow fluff on the rice cakes before adding my PB spread.
Dinner: Mango glazed Sea Scallops over coconut brown rice for dinner. When fresh sea scallops are on sale, I always pick them up as a special treat for us. I had the mango glaze from a food show I went to a few months ago. Just a drizzle on your scallops takes them to a whole new dimension.
Evening Treat: I was so happy to see my Bodybuilding.com order show up on my doorstep last week. If you have not tried the highly addictive PEScience Snickerdoodle yet, you need too! It truly tastes like a snickerdoodle cookie! I made a frozen yogurt in the Vitamix using 1 scoop of the snickerdoodle protein powder, 1/4 cup cashew milk and 1 large frozen banana. Topped it with some Crazy Richard’s Creamy PB and the mandatory sprinkles.