Happy Wednesday friends! This week I’m sharing a One Pot Cheesy Sausage Pasta Skillet recipe. So easy and clean up is a breeze too! This is the last recipe of the Sunday Supper Series. I hope you enjoyed the series. Please share your feedback at the end of the post!
Breakfast: Raise your hand if you loved Samoa girl scout cookies growing up! Fast forward many years from when I was actually a girl scout, they are now called caramel deLites. That cookie inspired me to make this yummy stack! I added some dark cocoa powder to my Stack’D original buttermilk pancake mix along with some sugar free caramel syrup and shredded coconut flakes. The topping was simply Walden Farms Caramel Syrup and Lily’s Stevia sweetened mini chocolate chips. Pure post workout bliss right there!
Lunch: This Buffalo Bacon style pasta sauce is amazing! I found it locally at my grocery store and need to buy more since it’s a limited edition. I added some of the sauce to my rotisserie chicken. This has an awesome kick to it along with some bits of bacon! You will love this if you enjoy spicy foods!
Afternoon Snack: Finally, an Oh Yeah Birthday Cake bar with tons of sprinkles! I was feeling gipped for a while seeing everyone posting their bars with tons of sprinkles! This bar truly never disappoints and tastes just like a vanilla cake.
Let’s jump into this week’s recipe for my One Pot Cheesy Sausage Pasta Skillet!
I have featured Banza chickpea pasta on the blog before and use it quite frequently in recipes. I picked up this AMYLU Andouille sausage from Costco. What I love most about this sausage is that it’s chicken instead of the traditional pork version. Much healthier and tastier too! This dish is also gluten free, dairy free, high protein and high fiber! I am going to be adding this recipe into my full rotation of meals!
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 TBS minced garlic
- 1 box Banza Chickpea pasta(or your favorite pasta)
- 1 lb Andouille Sausage, sliced thin1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes(optional)
- 1 cup Daiya cheddar dairy free cheese shreds
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic,onion and sliced andouille sausage.
- Saute until the sausage and onion mixture is slightly browned.
- Stir in chicken broth, almond milk, tomatoes, red pepper flakes and pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a slight boil, cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and add your shredded cheese.
- Cover until cheese has melted.
- Serve with a green salad or some nice crusty bread for a complete meal.
Evening Snack: Look at these cuties or should I say nudies! I found these at my local grocery store and could not resist grabbing a box of these. The Salted Caramel flavor is incredible. Sweet caramel cream with swirls of scrumptious salted caramel. They also have a Cookies & Cream, Mint Chocolate and Peanut Butter & Fudge!
If you do make the One Pot Cheesy Sausage Pasta Skillet recipe, please let me know what you think!
See you back here on Friday!
What is your favorite pasta dish? Did you enjoy the Sunday Supper Series? Please share- I would love to hear from you?