Happy Wednesday friends! Buh bye June and hello July! It’s a much shorter work week with the holiday and I could not be more excited. This week’s What I Ate Wednesday is a peek at some of last week’s random eats.
Breakfast: I kicked off my morning with this scrumptious stack of Lemon Raspberry Stack’D pancakes. Lemon and Raspberry are the perfect pairing. I topped off my stack with a homemade raspberry chia jam. So filling and delicious!
Morning Snack: With the 4th of July right around the corner, I thought this Raspberry Chocolate Chip Bar would be the perfect recipe to share with you. Enjoy!
- ½ cup Stack'D Original Buttermilk Pancake Mix(can substitute any pancake mix)
- ¼ cup Better Body Foods coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup sugar free maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 drops NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh raspberries
- ⅓ cup Lily's Dark Chocolate Baking Chips(my favorite- stevia sweetened!)
- Chocolate Drizzle:
- ¼ cup Lily's baking chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8X8 pan with coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla stevia and almond milk.
- Add pancake mix to wet ingredients and stir until well combined(no lumps).
- Gently stir in your chocolate chips and chopped fresh raspberries.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes.
- Allow bars to cool.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add your chocolate chips. Heat in the microwave for intervals of 15-20 seconds or until chips are melted.
- Cut into 9 squares and drizzle each with the chocolate sauce.
Lunch: Salsa Ranch Turkey Salad sandwich was a big favorite last week! If you have not tried Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressings, you are missing out! The Salsa Ranch flavor has the creamy goodness of normal Ranch dressing,with a zing of Jalapenos! I have finally been reunited with my beloved kabocha squash again! I needed a substitute now that my purple sweet potatoes are out of season. I roast mine at 450 degrees with some kettle corn seasoning- delish!
Afternoon Pick Me Up: Detour Simple Bar. I fell in love with this bar for many reasons. Detour simple is gluten free, non-gmo and the chocolate chip caramel flavor is too die for!
Dinner: For dinner, I had Coconut Crusted Salmon over Coconut Lime Mojito rice. I will never be sick of coconut rice and this new rice recipe is definitely a keeper!
I hope you have a fun filled weekend planned for the 4th of July. Be happy, safe and eat delicious!