Happy Wednesday and welcome to the start of the Sunday Supper Series! This week I’ll be sharing a recipe for Slow Cooker Pineapple Coconut Chicken!
In true mid-week fashion, I am here to share another What I Ate Wednesday post. Without further ado, let’s jump into this week’s eats!
Breakfast: My apple pie french toast bake kept me full for hours until I dug into my mid-morning snack. I love using Canyon Bakehouse’s bread for my french toast bakes. This bread is much sturdier than most I have used and holds up really well with baking.
Mid-Morning Snack: Love the new Light & Fit Greek mousse! The coconut cream flavor is pretty good as is the Salted Caramel flavor. I found mine locally at Walmart.
Lunch: I absolutely love using Outer Aisle’s veggie sandwich thins. This was a grilled barbecue chicken reuben with some roasted butternut squash. So happy when my order arrived a few weeks ago. Their pizza crusts are also pretty amazing!
Pineapple Coconut Chicken for dinner?
Yes, please! Using a slow cooker can be your best friend. Imagine coming home from work after a long day to have a tropical paradise waiting for you! Serve your chicken with some brown or jasmine rice along with your favorite veggie and you have a complete meal!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 20 oz can crushed,unsweetened pineapple bits
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground garlic powder
- In a large slow cooker layer in the chicken and then pour in the rest of the ingredients over top and give everything a stir.
- Set on low and cook for 6-7 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove pineapple from slow cooker and add to a small nonstick pan.
- Heat your pan to medium heat.
- Add a few packets of stevia to the pineapple and stir until caramelized.
- Top your chicken with the warm caramelized pineapple.
- Serve over brown or jasmine rice.
Evening Dessert: Salted Caramel Arctic Zero topped with Lily’s chocolate chips, 1/4 of a crumbled Lenny and Larry’s Double Chunk Chocolate Cookie and Lion’s Choice Toffee N’ Cream peanut butter. If you have not tried Lion’s Choice products, their nut butters are out of this world. I highly recommend them – feel free to use my discount code “irondiva10” to receive 10% off your online purchase!
Thanks for checking in and I’ll see you back here on Friday!
What is your favorite meal to make when the winter blues hit you? What is one of your favorite Sunday family dinners? Please share- I would love to hear from you!