It’s that time of year for cranberries. With lots of fresh cranberries to use up, mine found a new home in this White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins recipe. There’s just not much better than tart cranberries paired with the sweetness of white chocolate. It’s one of my favorite flavor combinations!
Tis the season for holiday baking! Maybe it’s just me, but there is just something so festive about adding fresh cranberries to baked goods. I find myself adding them to muffins, cookies and breads this time of year. Cranberries and white chocolate are just so good together! You’ve got your slightly sweet chocolate on the one hand and the tart cranberries on the other. Put them together and you’re left with a match made in heaven! While white chocolate and cranberries are good on their own, what really sets these muffins apart is the addition of orange extract. The orange provides a refreshing zing that is the perfect counterpart to the tart cranberries.
So let’s talk muffins! These muffins were amazing! So soft inside and a little crunchy on top! The ingredients are really simple; most of which you probably already have in your pantry. The only thing you might not have is the cranberries. You can easily substitute half a cup of dried cranberries for the fresh ones if you like.
I’m not a fan of using the paper muffin cups, so I used this silicone muffin pan that I found online at Amazon. It works beautifully and nothing sticks. This recipe makes anywhere from 10-12 muffins. I like my muffins to be a little larger, which is why I make 10.
These muffins would make the perfect hostess gift, and the perfect quick breakfast to keep around during the holidays. Go ahead and make a double batch because they won’t last long! Enjoy!
White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins loaded with tangy cranberries and creamy white chocolate chips for a sweet take on breakfast – so perfect for the holidays!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour(can be substituted with pastry or all-purpose flour)
- 1 TBS baking powder
- ⅓ cup stevia or sweetner of choice
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew or almond milk
- ¼ cup + 2 TBS COnutButter Pure Sea Salt Almond Butter(or any drippy almond or cashew butter)
- 1 large egg
- ¼ tsp orange extract or 2 tsp grated fresh orange zest
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, halved(Can substitute with ½ cup dried cranberries)
- 3 TBS coconut sugar, for topping the muffins
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Spray for your muffin tin generously with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together the oat flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl whisk together milk, almond butter, egg,sweetener and extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Do not overmix your muffin batter, it should still be a little lumpy.
- Gently fold in the cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins, filling them about ¾ quarters of the way up.
- Sprinkle the tops with coconut sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the muffins to rest for about 10 minutes before moving to a wire baking rack.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- **Store in the refrigerator for up to four days or freeze.
Need some breakfast ideas? Try these delicious recipes:
If you try this recipe, please share it on social media by tagging me with #moorewaystowellnessrecipes!