Happy Wednesday friends! There are some flavors in the cooking world that are just made to be together! Cookies and cream, peanut butter and jelly, bacon and chocolate. Not that I got your attention, how about some Bacon Chocolate Chip Waffles to tempt your taste buds? After watching my brother in law make several batches of waffles during our vacation, I could not wait to break out my waffle maker!
This was breakfast from over the weekend!
Yep, that’s right… Bacon Chocolate Chip Waffles!
Talk about sweet and savory! These gluten-free and healthy waffles will quickly become your new go-to breakfast recipe. I highly suggest making a double batch on a Sunday morning and freezing the leftovers for that random weekday morning when you could use a pick-me-up! Grab a fork and enjoy!
- 1¼ cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 TBS baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 2 TBS coconut oil, melted
- 1¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp maple extract
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, stevia and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs, almond milk and extract.
- Pour the wet mixture over dry mixture and blend well.
- Stir in your mini chocolate chips.
- You can add the bacon to the mix or sprinkle it on top of the batter once it's in the machine.
- Cook in preheated waffle iron 3-4 mins.
- Serve with more chopped bacon and whipped cream.
Lunch: Do you see a breakfast theme going on here! I was craving an egg sandwich and did not have any wraps or English muffins in the house. I used some whole grain Van’s Waffles along with my favorite turkey bacon from Trader Joe’s. A drizzle of maple syrup makes this a savory and sweet lunch!
Afternoon Snack: The Oh Yeah One Chocolate Birthday Cake bar is an exact replica of the birthday cake flavor, sprinkles and everything, just chocolate obviously. The texture is the exact same as the original birthday cake flavor. The actual chocolate flavor of the bar does taste pretty similar to their brownie bar but with more of a ‘cakey’ taste to it. I recommend giving it a try!
Dinner: I could eat Chilean Seabass a couple times per week if my wallet could afford it! This fish just melted in my mouth it was so good! I topped it with my favorite Trader Joe’s Tropical Salsa!
Dessert: Never ever skip dessert! Cake Batter Waffle topped with Halo Top Birthday Cake Ice Cream. The real star of this show is the Sugar Cookie GButter! They brought this flavor back for the month of July. I bought 4 jars! I literally can go through a jar a week. This and the Brownie Batter are my top two favorites.
That’s it for this week’s roundup! See you back here on Friday.