Happy Wednesday friends! I simply cannot get enough of blueberries lately! I’ve made Blueberry pancakes, blueberry waffles and now cookies! This week I’m sharing a new recipe for Blueberry Oatmeal cookies. Vegan, gluten free, perfectly sweet and hearty, and the perfect snack or breakfast on the go!
But first, let’s jump into some of my latest eats!
Breakfast: You could say that I am a bit summer fruit obsessed! When Rainier Cherries come into season, I jump for joy! I literally can pop one after another into mouth! These were the perfect addition to my maple french toast bake!
Let’s talk cookies! Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies!
What’s not to love about chewy oatmeal cookies bursting with blueberries! Super simple to make! 25 minutes and less than 10 ingredients! Personally, I think these cookies taste a bit like a fresh baked blueberry muffin. Happy baking- I hope you enjoy the recipe!
- ½ cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Whole Grain Oat Flour
- ½ cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 medium-sized ripe banana,mashed
- ¼ cup Better Body Foods Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Better Body Foods, Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the banana, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the dough and roll it into a ball between your palms.
- Drop the dough onto your prepared baking sheet and gently flatten it with your fingers.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 min on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Lunch: Chicken Salad sandwich on Dave’s Killer bread. Dave’s offers a variety of healthy breads. This is their 12 Grains and Seeds thin sliced bread. The nuttiness of the grains adds a wonderful flavor and texture. For all of you bread lovers, I highly recommend giving it a try!
Dinner: It was sushi Wednesday at my local grocery store! Both rolls cost me around $12! Hard to believe this was from a grocery store, right? I bought the spicy crab roll and crazy roll with ahi tuna, salmon and avocado. It pains me that I have to remove the avocado every time since I’m highly allergic! Both were very delicious!
Dessert: I finally scored a few pints of the Halo Top Mint Chip and it is INCREDIBLE! Mint Chip has always been one of my favorite ice cream flavors since I was a little girl. At 240 calories, you can enjoy the whole pint! The mint chip has a sweeter, lighter, minty taste. Not overly chunky with the chips- so next time I would probably add a few more! Try it now!
That’s it for this week’s round up! See you back here on Friday!