Good Morning! I am back with another WIAW! This week I’m sharing a new recipe for Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash that I tested out last week for dinner. It turned out so amazing that I decided to share the love with all of you!
Breakfast: Banana Caramel baked french toast for breakfast. I especially love that I can prepare this the night before and simply microwave it in the morning to warm it up!
Morning Snack: I picked up a few of the Power Crunch Salted Caramel Escape bars from Vitamin Shoppe. I love these bars, they are so healthy, satisfying, and tasty. They’re sweet, but not cloyingly sweet like some protein bars, and the texture is perfect. This bar gets a 9/10 rating from me!
Lunch: I’ve been a bit obsessed with breakfast foods lately. I could literally eat some type of breakfast food for every meal if I had to! This bacon, egg and cheese sandwich definitely hit the spot for lunch! I added some sweet potato hummus to liven up the flavor a bit!
One of my blogging goals for this year is to bring you more quick and easy meals… so far I would say I’ve done pretty good!
Okay so on to the meal! It’s time to whip up my quick and tasty Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash bowl!
These spaghetti squash bowls are hearty, comforting and absolutely delicious. I’m fairly certain you’ll be as hooked as we are and I can’t wait for you to try this recipe! Feel free to adjust the ingredients and amounts to what you have on hand. Enjoy!
- 1 Small Spaghetti Squash
- ½ lb ground chicken, 98% lean
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1½ Cup Buffalo Bacon Pasta Sauce(Can substitute any plain sauce; however add a dash or two of buffalo hot sauce for the same effect)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Parmesan
- ⅓ cup low fat ricotta cheese
- ½ cup low fat mozzarella
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half, and bake at 400F for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a medium skillet over med-high heat, warm the oil.
- Add ground chicken and cook until brown.
- Add garlic and pasta sauce to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Scrape the strands from the side of the spaghetti squash, and add to the pan with marinara.
- Stir until combined.
- Place spaghetti squash mixture back into the shell of the squash.
- Top with ricotta and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Place back in the oven to bake for 10 minutes until warm.
- Turn the oven to broil for 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Evening Snack: My go to nighttime dessert lately has been Arctic Zero Brownie Blast. I have been very lucky that my local Walmart has been keeping this flavor and Cookie Dough in stock. The toppings that evening included NuNaturals Cocoa Syrup, a crumbled Lenny and Larry’s Double Chocolate Chip Cookie and mini marshmallows!
That’s it for this week’s roundup! See you back here on Friday!