Happy Wednesday friends! What’s a girl to do when she has to drive over an hour to find her favorite ice cream? Make her own! Made with just a handful of ingredients, this Cherry Cheesecake Chip Frozen Yogurt is cool, creamy and packed with flavor. And best of all, it’s made without an ice cream maker! It may sound too good to be true, but with a few simple ingredients and a food processor, you’ll have healthy homemade frozen yogurt made in under 10 minutes!
Before I take you to froyo heaven, let’s take a quick peek at some of my favorite eats from last week!
Surprise, surprise, more waffles on my breakfast plate. Lately, I’ve been enjoying them with a veggie omelet on the side along with my favorite chicken bacon! Who else drizzles ketchup on their omelets? It’s between that and hot sauce for me these days!
Elli Quark you did it again! The Apple Pie flavor is really good! Think fresh apples with a touch of cinnamon and vanilla for a decadent apple pie a-la-mode yumminess. It is truly creamy cheesecake in a cup!
In case you’re wondering, sausage makes a great topping for your salad. I swapped out my typical grilled chicken for Al Fresco Chicken Apple Sausage. What a game changer! Such a great change up since I’ve been doing a lot more salads for lunch lately.
I was craving some pizza in the worst way! Thankfully, I picked up a package of Garlic Naan breads from Trader Joe’s. Naan is ideal as pizza crust. If you’ve never had Naan, it shares certain similarities with pita bread, without being quite as dense. For $1.99, I highly recommend keeping a few of these on hand.
With big chunks of sweet cherry, this Cherry Cheesecake Chip Frozen Yogurt treat is the perfect way to cool off on a summer day!
OH. MY. This is SO good! I love the combination of chocolate and cherries, they truly were meant for each other. This definitely gave my favorite Arctic Zero Cherry Chocolate Chunk a run for it’s money. My version is much creamier and loaded with chunks of cherries and chocolate chips!
Since there is virtually no fat in this frozen yogurt aside from the chocolate chips, it tends to freeze rather hard. If you prefer your frozen yogurt on the softer side, I suggest allowing it sit out on the counter for 15-20 minutes after taking it out of the freezer. Since it is so healthy, go ahead and indulge int that second bowl! Enjoy!
- 8 oz greek yogurt cream cheese
- 8 oz Fage nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 2 TBS Cheesecake Jell-O pudding mix
- 1½ cups fresh cherries, pitted and sliced
- 3 stevia packets
- ½ cup Lily's Stevia Sweetened Mini Baking Chips
- To your food processor, add the cream cheese, greek yogurt, pudding mix and stevia.
- Process until smooth.
- Next, add one cup of the cherries and process again.
- Remove the bowl from the processor and stir in the remaining chopped cherries and chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mixture into a freezer safe container.
- Place into your freezer for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Note: If eating after being frozen overnight or many hours later, remove from freezer 15-20 minutes before serving.
If you make this recipe, please remember to tag @irondiva71 and #moorewaystowellness on Instagram. I’d love to see what you make!
That’s it for this week’s roundup! See you back here on Friday!