Happy Wednesday foodies! Cauliflower fried rice is one of my absolute favorite ways to use cauliflower rice. This week I decided to take the classic Chinese Chicken Fried Rice and add my own twist. Try my lightened up version of Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice! Looks and tastes exactly like fried rice! But so much healthier for you!
I promise we’ll get to the recipe, but first, let’s take a look at some of my favorite eats from last week!
Another sweet and savory breakfast! I used Kodiak Cake Crunchy Peanut Butter Flapjack mix and added some chopped bacon to the batter. For the sweet component, I added a dollop of the Brownie Batter Delighted By Dessert Hummus on top!
I have been hunting high and low and finally found these gems at Whole Food! Siete Cassava & Coconut Tortillas. The tortillas are grain free, paleo, non-gmo, gluten free, dairy free and soy free. I filled mine with a helping of Healthy General Tso’s Chicken.
This bar tasted like a cross between a peppermint patty and a thin mint cookies. Very chewy with a few crispies in there to add a small crunch factor. The mint is a bit strong in comparison to the chocolate flavoring. Overall, I would still choose the Oh Yeah One Mint Chocolate Chip over the FitJoy.
Now onto the recipe for today!
Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice. Yes, you read that correctly. Fried rice that is made using cauliflower!
Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice is an easy, all in one pan, flavorful dish to whip up for dinner. This healthy fried rice has become one of my go-to weeknight dinners. If you’re weary of replacing rice with cauliflower, let me assure you; this dish does not taste like cauliflower. Enjoy!
- 3 cups cauliflower, riced or 1 bag riced cauliflower(found in the produce section)
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 lb. chicken breast, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 2 TBS coconut aminos
- 1 cup frozen pea and carrot mix
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- Rinse and chop the cauliflower into florets and put into a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower resembles rice.( This skip can be stepped if using the bagged riced cauliflower)
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute the garlic and ginger for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the diced chicken, frozen peas, carrots and cook until they are heated through (about 3-5 minutes).
- Slide the vegetables to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side.
- Using a spatula, scramble the eggs.
- Once cooked, mix the eggs with the chicken and vegetables.
- Add the cauliflower rice, coconut aminos, salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook for 4-5 minutes until tender and a bit crispy.
- Remove from heat and serve.
The waffle ice cream bowls are back! Salted Caramel waffle topped with Arctic Zero and peanut butter! It doesn’t get any better than that!
That’s it for this week’s roundup. See you back here on Friday!