Happy Wednesday friends! Turn the classic Chicken Parmesan into a delicious chicken burger! Today, I’m sharing a recipe for Chicken Parmesan Burgers that taste incredibly decadent but without the guilt!
But first, lets jump into some of my favorite eats from last week!
Breakfast: Waffles are just pancakes with abs! I love switching things up lately with waffles. You cannot go wrong with a Lemon Blueberry combination! This recipe is so easy: 1 serving Kodiak Cakes, 1/2 scoop Trutein Lemon Meringue protein powder, 1/2 cup muscle egg cake batter, 1/4 cup unsweetened cashew milk and 1/4 cup fresh blueberries! This batter will make 2 nice sized waffles!
Morning Snack: Dannon came out with a new flavor in their Greek Crunch line- S’mores! Creamy toasted marshmallow yogurt, topped with chocolate chunks and graham cracker pieces! Is your mouth watering yet! These are definitely worth giving a try!
Change up your weekly burger routine with these healthy Chicken Parmesan burgers!
If you’re like me and prefer chicken over beef, then it’s time to grill these babies up over the weekend! Once you’ve grilled your burgers, top them with your favorite pasta sauce, a slice of fresh mozzarella, basil leaves, and serve them up! The creamy mozzarella melts down slightly into the sauce and the basil gives this burger a nice freshness that I loved! Enjoy!
- 1 lb. lean ground chicken
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup plain breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ cup marinara sauce or your favorite pasta sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Basil leaves
- 4 whole wheat buns
- Combine first 8 ingredients (through dried basil) and mix well.
- Form into four equal sized patties.
- Grill over medium-high heat, 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Top cooked chicken burgers with mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon some sauce on top and cover with basil leaves.
- Top with the lid of the bun and serve immediately.
Afternoon Snack: This was my first time trying the Eat Me Guilt Free bars! I loved the Carrot Cake flavor! The bars are stevia sweetened, packed with 23 grams of protein, are low carb and gluten free! I added some low fat cream cheese to the middle in true carrot cake style!
Dinner: More sushi! I picked up a Spicy Tuna Roll for dinner at the local Giant Eagle Market District and it was delicious! Who else loves some spicy wasabi with their sushi!
That’s it for this week’s round up! See you back here on Friday!