Happy Wednesday friends! Get ready for your new go to pasta bake that everyone in the family will love. This week I’m serving up a quick and easy recipe for a Chicken Parmesan Pasta Bake! This is one of those great weeknight meals that you can pull together easily!
But first, let’s take a quick peek at some of my favorite eats from last week!
Pumpkin Buckwheat Blueberry waffles are a healthy, quick and oh so tasty way to start the morning! I’ve been using buckwheat flour and quinoa flakes interchangeably in my waffle recipes. Look at how thick and fluffy these are!
I finally found the limited edition Thomas’s Pizza Bagels at Target. My first impression was that they are a little too heavily seasoned for my liking. So what do you put on a pizza bagel? I happened to have a few Trader Joe’s Pizza burgers in the freezer. I toasted up my bagel, topped it with the pizza burger along with some shredded mozzarella and pizza sauce! Great combination- definitely give it a try!
The Iced Cinnamon Crunch is one of my favorite flavors from MYBAR. It’s the closest thing you’ll get to a real cinnamon roll without the guilt. The texture is very similar to the Nitrotech Crunch and Combat Crunch bars. Even though the bar is smaller in size, it is quite filling for a mid-day snack.
This Chicken Parmesan Pasta Bake is a perfect weeknight meal!
Trust me when I say this is EASY and really delicious! The beauty of this recipe is that all of the ingredients get put in a casserole dish and baked. No need to pre-cook the chicken or pasta! I had Banza pasta on hand when I made the recipe. This legume based, gluten-free pasta is made from chickpeas, boasting 14 grams of protein! Feel free to change it up with a whole wheat penne or your pasta of choice. Enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 16 oz penne pasta(I used Banza pasta)
- 1 24 oz jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1.5 TBS italian seasoning
- 2 cups low fat, shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- fresh basil,chopped
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a 9 X13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the pasta sauce, pasta, water and chicken into the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with ½ cup of the mozarella cheese and sprinkle with italian seasoning.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Pull out the baking dish and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella, bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bread crumbs have lightly browned.
- Allow the dish to sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil, if desired.
I topped my funfetti protein bars with a scoop of Enlightened Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream! As much as I love this flavor, I think the new Birthday Cake would pair much nicer! Hint, hint Enlightened; please bring this to my area!
That’s it for this week’s round up! See you back here on Friday!