Happy Wednesday friends! I’ve missed my Delighted By Dessert Hummus so much that I decided to make my own. Take your tastebuds to the tropics with this healthy Coconut Cream Pie Hummus recipe. A light, refreshing twist on the classic dessert. Perfect for dipping and eating by the spoonful!
But first, lets take a quick peek at some of my favorite eats from last week.
Last week I was on a bit of Cinnamon Raisin french toast kick since I was trying to hoard my Know Food Waffles until my next order ships. I love using Dave’s Killer Raisin bread! It has the perfect thickness and texture to hold up to the egg wash in french toast.
I made this Cauliflower Pizza for the hubby and I for lunch. I have finally figured out the secret to a crispier crust. Bake the crust by itself for 10-12 minutes and then add your toppings. I used a new “onion and garlic free” pasta sauce(review coming later this week), mushrooms, cheese and plain turkey sausage slices! Delicious!
I haven’t had a Bhu Fit bar in ages! The Salted Caramel + Pecan is just as good as I remembered it being! So rich and buttery from the caramel and just look at those chunks of pecans! And all of their bars are grain free, gluten free and soy free!
PF Changs always does such an amazing job with their Chilean Seabass. After mentioning my intolerance to soy, garlic and onion, the chef graciously offered up to make a ginger sauce for me. I would have happily ate this plain but either way, it was delicious!
Get ready to dive into this Coconut Cream Pie Hummus Dip! A light, refreshing twist on the classic dessert!
Making your own hummus is as easy as pie! The coconut flavor is not overpowering at all. This could easily be enjoyed as an afternoon snack or a fun dessert for your next gathering. Perfect for dipping fresh fruit, pretzels, crackers, cookies or my favorite way, by the spoonful! Enjoy!
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and skin removed
- 2 TBS coconut oil, softened
- 1.5 TBS coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. coconut extract or several coconut stevia drops
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- 1-2 TBS unsweetened coconut or cashew milk
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 TBS unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1-2 TBS chopped pecans
- Assorted fresh fruit, cookies or crackers for dipping
- Place the chickpeas,coconut oil, sugar, extracts, milk and salt into a food processor or high-powered blender and process until smooth.
- If your mixture is too thick, add a tablespoon or two more of the milk.
- Scoop the mixture into a bowl and garnish with shredded coconut and chopped pecans.
- Serve with fresh fruit, graham crackers, cookies, pretzels, etc. for dipping.
If you like this post, don’t forget to share on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter!
Well, that’s it for this week’s round up! See you back here on Friday!