Happy Thanksgiving eve friends! Looking for a last minute holiday side dish to bring to Thanksgiving? Look no further! This week’s side dish recipe for Twice Baked Cranberry Feta Delicata Squash is quick, easy and gorgeous in color!
But first, let’s take a quick peek at some of my favorite eats from last week!
Quick and easy breakfast! French Toast drowned in Walden’s Farm caramel syrup and scrambled cheesy eggs on the side! Who else tops their eggs with ketchup?
Big fan of the limited edition Kind Bar – Caramel Almond Pumpkin Spice! The caramel drizzle, hints of pumpkin spice, chunks of almonds, should I go on! These are just plain delicious! Found them at Target and also at my local grocery store! Definitely a 10/10!
Twice Baked Cranberry Feta Delicata Squash
Not familiar with delicata? Like butternut and kabocha, delicata squash is also on the sweeter side. So many flavors going on in this dish! I love how the sweet tart craisins contrast the creamy saltiness of the feta. This a great side dish option for Thanksgiving or as a vegan main dish. Enjoy!
- 6 small delicata squash, halved
- coconut oil spray
- ¼ cup low fat canned coconut milk(not the carton)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 4 TBS low fat feta cheese crumbles
- 4 TBS low sugar craisins
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut each squash in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Place the halves cut side down on a baking sheet sprayed with coconut oil
- Roast for about 20 minutes or until slightly browned and easily pierced with a fork.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh from the squash.
- Add squash and coconut milk to a high speed food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour squash mixture equally into the 4 empty squash shells.
- Top with feta cheese, craisins and thyme.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Unfortunately, I did not enjoy the Cookies and Cream Nitro Tech bar. I had such high hopes since I really loved the Birthday Cake flavor. It was a little too sweet and artificial tasting for my liking. On a positive note, this bar has a good balance of all macro nutrients and is lower in fiber compared to most bars on the market!
Lemon Zest coconut butter makes a delicious glaze for Chilean Seabass! If you missed my review for Coconut Kitchen, click here!
That’s it for this week’s roundup! Have a happy and safe Turkey day! See you back here on Friday!