Happy Wednesday friends! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with your family. Looking for a quick and easy meal after having that Thanksgiving feast? This week I’m sharing a simple recipe for Creamy Tomato Basil Soup.
But first, let’s look at some of my favorite eats from last week!
There is something about a higher fat breakfast that just keeps me full for hours! LOVED this breakfast- scrambled cheesy eggs, brussels sprouts pan- fried in coconut oil and a organic turkey bacon.
I finally tried the B-UP Red Velvet Cupcake protein bar. The bar is super soft in texture and the predominant flavor is chocolate. I love my white chocolate and wish there more chunks in the bar. Overall, I enjoyed the bar but my tummy did not. For those that watch fiber intake, these are quite high. Next time I’ll be more mindful and only eat half at time!
Lunch is served! This easy Creamy Tomato Basil Soup is so simple and delicious!
Growing up, one of my favorite lunches was a warm bowl of tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich! Grilled cheese dipped in tomato soup may be one of my most treasured food bites! This definitely brings me back to my childhood! I hope you enjoy the recipe!
- 1 TBS light butter
- medium sized onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- (28-ounce) crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1.5 cups half and half
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- chopped basil, for garnish
- Melt butter in a medium sized stockpot.
- Add onion and garlic clove; sauté until tender.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth and basil.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth.
- Reduce heat to medium low and allow to simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Gently stir in your half and half.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add shredded parmesan cheese and fresh basil for garnish!
- Serve with your favorite sandwich!
My Thanksgiving day dinner was nothing short of awesome! This was round one- turkey with all of the fixing! The highlights for me were the deep fried turkey, roasted beets and the mixed berry, feta and walnut salad. There was also a small serving of mashed sweet potatoes hiding under that pile of salad!
To my chocolate lovers, you’re going to love the Enlightened Frozen Hot Cocoa. The frozen hot cocoa contains marshmallow swirls along with small chocolate chips scattered throughout the pint. The marshmallow swirl is excellent; very tasty and fairly abundant. I highly recommend trying this flavor! Now I just need to be able to find the pints at my local grocery!
That’s it for this week’s roundup! See you back here on Friday!