Happy Wednesday friends! Over the weekend, it dawned on me that Easter was coming up and I had nothing planned for the blog. I normally post an Easter recipe, but found myself drawing a blank on what to make. Then it came to me, why not make some Dark Chocolate Coconut Protein Easter Eggs! These Easter eggs are sure to bring joy to your little basket!
But first, lets take a quick peek at some of my favorite eats from last week!
I’m a creature of habit when it comes to my breakfast! This recipe takes 10 minutes start to finish. Only 4 ingredients – Cinnamon Raisin bread, unsweetened cashew milk, liquid egg whites and 1/4 scoop of PEScience Snickerdoodle protein powder. Canned sugar free apple pie filling has been my choice of topping lately along with a few sprinkles of protein powder on top!
MyBar continues to do it again providing a top-notch flavored bar. Crunchy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside! You immediately get the vanilla cake taste, with a hint of cake batter in the aftertaste. The texture is pretty much identical to the Nitrotech Crunch bar. Each bar has 220 calories, 20 grams protein, 10 grams fat and 17 grams carbs. Vitamin Shoppe has these for $2.00 a bar right now. I’ll be heading back very soon to stock up!
Lunch was a homemade spinach chicken burger with a side of roasted brussels sprouts, zucchini and a few random pieces of butternut squash. Yes, that is avocado you spy on top of my burger! I recently had some allergy testing done and low and behold, I am no longer allergic! I look forward to adding this back into my weekly meals!
It’s almost Easter and what a better way to celebrate than with some Dark Chocolate Coconut Protein Easter Eggs!
What are you waiting for? These easy protein packed coconut eggs are made with only 5 ingredients! This recipe uses VitaFiber IMO Syrup which can be purchased here! VitaFiber IMO is a low calorie natural sweetener that also provides a good source of prebiotics and dietary fiber for improved digestive health. Enjoy!
- 2 scoops Isopure Coconut Cream Pie protein powder(can substitute with plain vanilla)
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 4 TBS Vita Fiber IMO Syrup
- 1 tsp coconut extract(use only if subbing with vanilla protein powder)
- Chocolate Coating;
- ⅓ cup Lily's Stevia Sweetened Baking Chips - Dark Chocolate
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- In a medium sized bowl, add the protein powder and coconut flakes, set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the Vita Fiber IMO and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Pour warmed syrup into the protein powder mix.
- Spray a rubber spatula with some nonstick spray and begin to stir and form your dough.
- Divide mixture into about 6 equal portions, and use hands to roll each into an egg-like shape.
- Place on a baking sheet or plate lined with parchment paper and put in freezer to harden.
- While eggs are in the freezer, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a coffee cup(I did mine in the microwave, using 30 second increments and stirring until completely melted,
- Remove eggs from freezer after about 10-20 minutes.
- Using a toothpick, dip the egg into the chocolate until completely covered.
- Spoon some more melted chocolate on top until you cover each egg.
- Place eggs onto a plate covered with parchment paper.
- Garnish with decorative sprinkles, coconut flakers or leave them plain.
- Place the eggs in the fridge for a couple of hours to set.
Although the lighting does not do this meal justice, it was awesome! Super spicy and full-bodied in flavor, this tasty Thai Red Curry simmer sauce from Saffron Road was quite flavorful. Made with coconut milk, lemongrass, ginger, lime, and Thai basil, it was hard not to become more and more addicted with each bite. It was the perfect sauce for my jasmine rice and scallop stir fry!
I started my birthday celebration early with some Enlightened Birthday Cake flavor! This cake batter ice cream is jam packed with sprinkles. In my opinion, this definitely has more flavor and is creamier than Halo Top. If you really like sprinkles, you’re going to love this one and it will feel like your birthday every time you take a spoonful! And yes, that is a peep on top! It’s that time of year and I can never resist!
That’s it for this week’s round up! See you back here on Friday!