Happy Wednesday friends! I am officially on vacation this week! I thought it would be fun to share one of my favorite summertime recipes for Grilled Cherry Salmon with you!
But first, let’s take a quick peek at some of my favorite eats from last week!
Breakfast: Apple Spice Quinoa pancakes are a healthy and delicious way to start your day. They’re packed with quinoa (another one of my favorite ingredients) so they give you a good boost of protein! For the topping, I chopped up some fresh apples and sauteed them in coconut oil and a bit of maple syrup!
Morning Snack: The Peanut Butter Cream is from their low sugar line. This flavor is incredible! When I saw these at Giant Eagle during my recent trip to Pittsburgh, I snagged about 4 of these with hopes that I would love them. They did not disappoint! They taste just like a Reese’s Peanut Butter cup!
Lunch: In an attempt to change things up a bit, I had a Trader Joe’s tuna burger on an everything bagel thin for lunch. I topped it with some of the Trader Joe’s tropical salsa that I love so much.
Grilled Cherry Salmon
You’ll want to fire-up the grill for this tasty, summertime grilling recipe! Grill recipes are a staple on busy days. I can save time and enjoy a healthy dinner without having to sacrifice taste or flavor.
Fresh cherries aren’t only for jams and pies! These beauties are ripe for the picking in a refreshing sauce that tops this simple grilled fish. You could make this Grilled Cherry Salmon with any of your favorite BBQ sauces. I used this one since it’s low in sugar and tastes amazing!
If you like, grill some veggies on the side while the salmon cooks. I love to toss asparagus with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and grill it right next to the salmon in a grill basket. All this talk is making me hungry! Enjoy!
- 1 lb fresh or frozen wild caught salmon fillets with skin, cut into4 equal portions
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen tart cherries thawed, drained, and coarsely chopped
- Cherry BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup fresh pitted cherries, chopped
- ¼- 1/3 cup G Hughes Honey BBQ Sauce (or any low sugar BBQ sauce)
- Pre-heat your grill to medium heat.
- Add coconut sugar, orange peel, pepper and salt to a shallow bowl.
- Rub sugar mixture over fish.
- Place salmon, skin-side down, on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium-hot coals.
- Grill for 20-25 minutes, or until fish flakes easily. Do not turn fish.
- To a small bowl, add the chopped cherries and BBQ sauce.
- Stir until well combined.
- Spoon sauce over warm fish.
- Serve immediately.
Dessert: For dessert, I had Brownie Blast Arctic Zero. It was the perfect opportunity to use some of the Mint Chocolate Truffle Larabar bites! They are too die for! I’m definitely heading back to Target to buy some of the other flavors. Hiding back in the left hand corner(bad lighting) is Brownie Batter gButter. This stuff is legitimately and highly addictive. I stumbled upon them through Instagram around the holidays when they had a Sugar Cookie flavor.
That’s it for this week’s round up! See you back here on Friday!