Happy Wednesday friends! Everyone can use another quick and easy dinner recipe in their arsenal, right? Busy nights? No problem! I’ve got your covered with this 20 minute Healthier Butter Chicken! This recipe provides you with all the flavor of your typical Indian restaurant takeout minus all the calories.
But first, let’s take a peek at some of my favorite eats from last week!
Mixing some mashed banana into my egg wash was a huge success! This tastes exactly like banana bread! To up the wow factor even more, I topped this with warm caramelized bananas and maple syrup!
My grocery store has Sushi Wednesday and certain rolls are $4.99! This roll was exceptionally good, plus it did contain any avocado either! It was simply tuna, cucumber, carrot and mango with a spicy sriracha sauce!
The Best Bar Ever just released their Cookie Dough bars and they are AMAZING! Made with homemade nut butter and real chunks of dark and semi-sweet chocolate, it delivers rich, buttery undertones and the perfect touch of sweetness. The bars are gluten and soy free, free of artificial flavors, sweeteners, or added preservatives. This will remind you of your favorite fresh-baked chocolate chip cookie!
Healthier Butter Chicken is an ultimate comfort Indian food made lighter!
Butter chicken totally spells comfort food for me.! The traditional Indian Butter Chicken recipes call for tons of heavy cream. I took out the cream and replaced it with canned low fat coconut milk! Everything comes together so quick and easy that I wouldn’t mind making this as a weekly staple! So, are you ready? Here’s the recipe- enjoy!
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 TBS organic coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 2 TBS minced ginger
- 4 TBS tomato paste
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 TBS curry powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup low fat canned coconut milk
- 2 tsp. arrowroot flour(for thickening)
- 1 TBS water
- 2 cups cooked white or jasmine rice
- Dice your chicken into cubes and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute your onion, garlic and ginger.
- Stir in tomato paste, paprika, curry, garam masala, sea salt and chili powder.
- Cook for 1-2 minute or until fragrant.
- Add diced chicken and stir until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the water.
- Stir in coconut milk and arrowroot flour mixture.
- Reduce to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and ladle butter chicken over the rice.
- Tip: Purchase already cooked rice in your freezer section! Traders Joe's and Birds Eye have a few options.
What makes this pint so amazing are the mix-ins which include both chocolate chips and cookie dough bites. The cookie dough bites are very abundant and very delicious The chocolate chips add a good crunch, but the cookie dough bites are the real highlight and what makes this flavor so good!
That’s it for this week’s round up! See you back here on Friday!